Invalid partitionfile format in RAxML Workbench doing EPA

Marialejandra Castro Farias

Mar 28, 2017, 5:02:57 PM3/28/17
to raxml
Hola! I'm working with the stand-alone GUI (RAxML Workbench) using EPA. I did not have any problems when I did not specify any kind of partition, however when I add the partition file (txt format) it tells me: invalid partition format! and points me all partitions. When I use RAxML in the cipres portal I have no problem using the same partition file.
 Can you help me please? Attach my matrix and the file with the partitions. I'm working with six genes (ND2, AK1, BFib, ND4, ODC, Musk) with 4425 bp and 59 species.

Muchas gracias!
Particiones_EPA.txt
TrochilidaeOUTGROUPcompleto.dna.phy

Alexandros Stamatakis

Mar 30, 2017, 3:40:22 PM3/30/17
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hola Marialejandra,

Which workbench/GUI are using exactly? The on developed by us or the
third party GUI?

The partition file spec. looks correct to me, so if you can run it in
stand-alone mode with RAxML it must be a problem of the GUI.

Alexis
> --

Alexandros (Alexis) Stamatakis

Research Group Leader, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
Full Professor, Dept. of Informatics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University
of Arizona at Tucson

www.exelixis-lab.org

Marialejandra Castro Farias

Alexandros Stamatakis

Mar 31, 2017, 4:17:28 PM3/31/17
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Dear Marialejandra,

> Hola Alex! thanks for answering! I am using the version available on
> your website: stand-alone GUI. I am using the windows version.

I see, we do not maintain this version any longer, so I am afraid we
will not be able to help you with this (the student who implemented this
left the group about 6 years ago).

My suggestions would be that you use the command line version of RAxML
for doing your analyses.

Alexis