WindowsExecutables_v8.0.20

Mehdi

Apr 12, 2015, 2:02:39 PM4/12/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Dear all
I have unzipped WindowsExecutables_v8.0.20 and want to use 32-bit version. I am not familiar with writing commands at all. Could you please write me which commands should I write to open raxml? please do not refer me to new manual since it is not clear to me.
Thanks a lot for your really prompt attention

Shyam Saladi

Apr 12, 2015, 2:10:41 PM4/12/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mehdi,

Perhaps you may be more comfortable running RAxML with a GUI interface using raxmlGUI while you get familiar with the software: http://sourceforge.net/projects/raxmlgui

If you are with a US institution or have a US collaborator, you could consider using RAxML through the phylo.org portal: https://www.phylo.org/portal2/login!input.action

Both were useful to me when I first started using RAxML.

Best,
Shyam

Mehdi

Apr 12, 2015, 2:26:05 PM4/12/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot but I have already worked with raxmlGUI but I need to get familiar with the real raxml. If you could send me step by step commands please help me

Alexandros Stamatakis

Apr 13, 2015, 4:33:44 AM4/13/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com
there's a step by step session here:

http://sco.h-its.org/exelixis/web/software/raxml/hands_on.html

but that's for Linux,

Alexis

On 12.04.2015 20:26, Mehdi wrote:
> Thanks a lot but I have already worked with raxmlGUI but I need to get
> familiar with the real raxml. If you could send me step by step commands
> please help me
>

> On Sunday, April 12, 2015 at 10:40:41 PM UTC+4:30, Shyam Saladi wrote:
>
> Dear Mehdi,
>
> Perhaps you may be more comfortable running RAxML with a GUI
> interface using raxmlGUI while you get familiar with the software:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/raxmlgui
> <http://sourceforge.net/projects/raxmlgui>
>
> If you are with a US institution or have a US collaborator, you
> could consider using RAxML through the phylo.org <http://phylo.org>
> portal: https://www.phylo.org/portal2/login!input.action
> <https://www.phylo.org/portal2/login!input.action>
>
> Both were useful to me when I first started using RAxML.
>
> Best,
> Shyam
>
> On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 11:02 AM, Mehdi <megh...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
> Dear all
> I have unzipped *WindowsExecutables_v8.0.20* and want to use
> 32-bit version. I am not familiar with writing commands at all.
> Could you please write me which commands should I write to open
> raxml? please do not refer me to new manual since it is not
> clear to me.
> Thanks a lot for your really prompt attention
>
> --
>

> --

Alexandros (Alexis) Stamatakis

Research Group Leader, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
Full Professor, Dept. of Informatics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University
of Arizona at Tucson

www.exelixis-lab.org