optimize model parameters without optimizing branch lengths

Nomi Hadar

Sep 20, 2016, 5:30:35 AM9/20/16
to raxml

Hello,

I am using raxml and I want to use the -f e option,
(Example: raxmlHPC -­f e -­t ref ­-m GTRGAMMA ­-s alg ­-n TEST)
which optimize model parameters+branch lengths for given input tree.

Can I optimize the model parameters only, without optimizing the branch lengths?

Thanks,
Nomi

Alexandros Stamatakis

Sep 21, 2016, 5:48:30 AM9/21/16
to ra...@googlegroups.com
that is unfortunately not possible,

alexis

On 20.09.2016 11:30, Nomi Hadar wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using raxml and I want to use the *-f e* option,
> /(Example: raxmlHPC -­f e -­t ref ­-m GTRGAMMA ­-s alg ­-n TEST)/
> which optimize model parameters+branch lengths for given input tree.
>
> Can I optimize the model parameters only, without optimizing the branch
> lengths?
>
> Thanks,
> Nomi
>
> --

Alexandros (Alexis) Stamatakis

Research Group Leader, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
Full Professor, Dept. of Informatics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University
of Arizona at Tucson

www.exelixis-lab.org

Nomi Hadar

Sep 22, 2016, 3:06:26 AM9/22/16
to raxml
thanks!

בתאריך יום רביעי, 21 בספטמבר 2016 בשעה 12:48:30 UTC+3, מאת Alexis: