DUMMY and DUMMY2 models

Rob Lanfear

Dec 2, 2016, 4:15:38 AM12/2/16
to raxml
Hi All,

Can anyone throw any light on the origin of the DUMMY and DUMMY2 amino acid replacement matrices in RAxML?

They seem to be defined just like all the other models (https://github.com/stamatak/standard-RAxML/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=DUMMY2&type=Code), but when I search online I can't find anything about them.

The real question is: should they be included in standard model selection software like PartitionFinder, or are they placeholders that should be ignored?

May thanks,

Rob

Alexandros Stamatakis

Dec 3, 2016, 5:55:00 AM12/3/16
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Dear Rob,

If I remember correctly these models represented some improvement of I
think the MTMAM model (not sure though) that some Japanese colleagues
asked me to add to RAxML for some sort of paper.

They howeber never got back to me about this again.

Alexis
> --

Alexandros (Alexis) Stamatakis

Research Group Leader, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
Full Professor, Dept. of Informatics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University
of Arizona at Tucson

www.exelixis-lab.org

Rob Lanfear

Dec 3, 2016, 6:10:26 PM12/3/16
to raxml
Thanks Alexis. I think I'll take them out of PartitionFinder, since there doesn't seem to be any published reference to them.

Cheers,

Rob

Alexandros Stamatakis

Dec 5, 2016, 9:55:36 AM12/5/16