Command line for dayhoff recoding

Monique Aouad

Feb 1, 2018, 11:04:23 AM2/1/18
to raxml
Hello everyone,
I searched online for a simple command line to do recoding of my datasets (Dayhoff 4 and 6 categories) and the tree reconstruction with RaxML but couldn't find any clear answer.
Can anyone give me a simple command line to do this?
Thanks in advance!

Akifumi Tanabe

Feb 2, 2018, 4:18:56 AM2/2/18
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hello, Monique

I made a Perl script for such purpose. You can get this script from
the following.
https://github.com/astanabe/Phylogears/blob/master/pgrecodeseq.pl

If you have installed Perl execution environment, you can apply
Dayhoff 6-categories recoding to your data by the following command.

perl pgrecodeseq.pl --type=ANY
"ARNDCQEGHILKMFPSTWYVX-01223220144145000554?" inputfile outputfile

Then, apply MULTIGAMMA model to your data.

Best wishes,

Alexandros Stamatakis

Feb 2, 2018, 6:14:44 AM2/2/18
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much Akifumi,

Alexis
--
Alexandros (Alexis) Stamatakis

Research Group Leader, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
Full Professor, Dept. of Informatics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology

www.exelixis-lab.org

Monique Aouad

Feb 7, 2018, 5:14:09 AM2/7/18
to raxml
Thank you so much for your help! I will try to use your script.
Best,
Monique