Bootstrap stop before end with errors, RAXML 8.2.2

Thierry Grange

Aug 16, 2015, 2:50:44 PM8/16/15
to raxml
Dear all

I have installed RAXML 8.2.2 on a laptop running Ubuntu

I started a bootstrap analysis on DNA data using the command: raxmlHPC -m GTRGAMMA -p 12345 -s Hemione_9_asinus.fasta -b 12345 -# 100 -n A2 -o asinus_africanus_reduced
It stopped after 87 bootstraps and I received the following error message:

too many iterations in dfpmin
raxmlHPC: optimizeModel.c:4120: dfpmin: Assertion `0' failed.
Abandon (core dumped)

The command raxmlHPC -m GTRGAMMA -p 12345 -s Hemione_9_asinus.fasta -# 20 -n A1 -o asinus_africanus_reduced  without bootstrap worked fine.

Something wrong with my data set, my installation, something else?

Thanks for your help

Thierry Grange

Alexandros Stamatakis

Aug 17, 2015, 1:08:45 AM8/17/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Dear Thierry,

Please download RAxML version 8.2.3, this error was fixed in that new
version.

Alexis
> --

Alexandros (Alexis) Stamatakis

Research Group Leader, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
Full Professor, Dept. of Informatics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University
of Arizona at Tucson

www.exelixis-lab.org

Thierry Grange

Aug 17, 2015, 2:26:16 AM8/17/15
to raxml
Dear Alexis

Problem solved with new version. Thanks

Thierry

alexandros...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2015, 3:23:46 AM8/17/15
to thierry....@gmail.com, ra...@googlegroups.com

Great :-)

alexis stamatakis

www.exelixis-lab.org

Aug 19, 2015, 8:13:46 AM8/19/15
to raxml
I ran into this problem on CIPRES. I'll try the new version.

Mark Miller

Aug 19, 2015, 8:18:43 AM8/19/15
to raxml
Thanks for mention that, we will get the new version installed in CIPRES soon....

Mark

Andrew Nguyen

Aug 20, 2015, 4:01:04 PM8/20/15
to raxml
Not rushing you or anything, but out of curiosity, how soon?

Thanks!
ANTdrew

Mark Miller

Sep 4, 2015, 4:22:40 PM9/4/15
to raxml
So sorry about that. Looks like next week, end of week.
I guess our admins are overwhelmed currently....

Mark

Mark Miller

Sep 23, 2015, 6:35:28 PM9/23/15
to raxml
The new version, 8.2.3
Enter code here...

 is posted now.

Mark

Mark Miller

Sep 23, 2015, 7:08:14 PM9/23/15
to raxml
I also want to apologize for how long this took. We have completely changed our methodology for adding codes as a result of this delay.
New codes wil;l appear much more quickly in the future...

Best,