RAxML-NG ascertainment bias correction model

Antony Vincent

May 25, 2017, 12:11:40 PM5/25/17
to raxml
Hi,

Is there an ascertainment bias correction model implemented in RAxML-NG?

Thank you!

Alexey Kozlov

May 25, 2017, 8:45:28 PM5/25/17
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Antony,

> Is there an ascertainment bias correction model implemented in RAxML-NG?

not yet, but I plan to include it into the next beta release, which will become available very soon.

Best,
Alexey

Antony Vincent

May 26, 2017, 7:39:41 AM5/26/17
to raxml
Ok, I will wait for it.

Sincerely,

Antony

Alexey Kozlov

Jun 1, 2017, 11:20:20 AM6/1/17
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Antony,

ascertainment bias correction is now available in RAXML-NG v0.4.0:

https://github.com/amkozlov/raxml-ng/releases/tag/0.4.0

You can use same models as in old good RAxML, namely:

Lewis: e.g. --model GTR+G+ASC_LEWIS

Felsenstein: e.g. --model GTR+G+ASC_FELS{1000} // 1000 invariant sites

Stamatakis: e.g. --model GTR+G+ASC_STAM{1000/2000/3000/4000} // 1000 invariant As, 2000 Cs, 3000 Gs, 4000 Ts

Please let me know if there will be any problems/questions.

Best,
Alexey

Antony Vincent

Jun 8, 2017, 10:59:03 AM6/8/17
to raxml
Thank, I will try the new version today!