Windows 7 -32 bit

mohammadr...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2014, 12:04:04 PM4/25/14
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
How can I run the RAxML on windows 7-32 bit?
The 64 Bit does not work with my computer.

Tanks
Mohammad

Alexandros Stamatakis

Apr 26, 2014, 4:36:39 AM4/26/14
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mohammad,

The best solution is for you to start using ubuntu linux instead of windows.

Nontheless, we will provide a 32-bit windows executable soonish, I'll
let you all know via the google group,

Alexis
--
Alexandros (Alexis) Stamatakis

Research Group Leader, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies
Full Professor, Dept. of Informatics, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology
Adjunct Professor, Dept. of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University
of Arizona at Tucson

www.exelixis-lab.org

mohammadr...@gmail.com

May 2, 2014, 6:51:14 AM5/2/14
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Dear Alexis,
Many thanks for your kind atttention, It would be your kindness if you could provide the Windows 7 version of the program, as just we have those oprating system in our lab and also we are in urgent need for the your software.

Many thanks,
Mohammad

Alexandros Stamatakis

May 2, 2014, 6:56:37 AM5/2/14
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mohammad,

Since it might still take a while, if you need it urgently, why don't
you use the web-servers, see bottom of page:

http://sco.h-its.org/exelixis/web/software/raxml/index.html

Alexis
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Alexandros Stamatakis

May 6, 2014, 11:41:38 AM5/6/14
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Many many thanks Ingo :-)

I just pushed a new version 8.0.21, but no need to provide windows execs
for this one, there are two or three more fixes on my list, that need to
be looked at, before it will make sense to create new windows execs.

thanks again :-)

alexis

On 05/05/2014 04:36 PM, Ingo Michalak wrote:
> Dear Mohammad, dear Alexis,
>
> I now placed in total 8 (untested) versions of RAxML 8.0.20 in the zip
> folder I posted in my original post<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/raxml/N5sftmrjSxw/JpqMySAQdwcJ>
> :
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40429095/RAxMLWINx64.zip
>
> Each 32 and 64 bit:
> Standard
> SSE3
> PTHREADS
> SSE3-PTHREADS
>
> I hope some of these work on your system.
>
> Best
> Ingo
>

> Am Freitag, 2. Mai 2014 12:56:37 UTC+2 schrieb Alexis:
>>
>> Dear Mohammad,
>>
>> Since it might still take a while, if you need it urgently, why don't
>> you use the web-servers, see bottom of page:
>>
>> http://sco.h-its.org/exelixis/web/software/raxml/index.html
>>
>> Alexis

mohammadr...@gmail.com

May 30, 2014, 2:35:53 PM5/30/14
to ra...@googlegroups.com

Dear Alexis,
many thanks for your kind help, I am looking forward to hearing from you about the 32-bit version soon!

My best regards,
Mohammad

mohammadr...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2014, 9:46:50 AM6/3/14
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hello Alexis,
As you may remember I contacted with you about executable RAxML on windows 7 32-bit, many people in the world currently use this, may you please let me know did you compile the windows version?
in the below link it seems there is executable, we tried it with both 64 and 32 bit windows on several systems, but it does not work!
Your kind help will be appreciated.

https://github.com/stamatak/standard-RAxML

Best regards,
Mohammad

mohammadr...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2014, 5:23:52 AM6/4/14
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alexis,

Just a question, may you please let me knoe what is the mening of below things in RAxML?
I mean in below link

http://sco.h-its.org/exelixis/web/software/raxml/hands_on.html

10 60
Cow       ATGGCATATCCCATACAACTAGGATTCCAAGATGCAACATCACCAATCATAGAAGAACTA
Carp      ATGGCACACCCAACGCAACTAGGTTTCAAGGACGCGGCCATACCCGTTATAGAGGAACTT
Chicken   ATGGCCAACCACTCCCAACTAGGCTTTCAAGACGCCTCATCCCCCATCATAGAAGAGCTC
Human     ATGGCACATGCAGCGCAAGTAGGTCTACAAGACGCTACTTCCCCTATCATAGAAGAGCTT
Loach     ATGGCACATCCCACACAATTAGGATTCCAAGACGCGGCCTCACCCGTAATAGAAGAACTT
Mouse     ATGGCCTACCCATTCCAACTTGGTCTACAAGACGCCACATCCCCTATTATAGAAGAGCTA
Rat       ATGGCTTACCCATTTCAACTTGGCTTACAAGACGCTACATCACCTATCATAGAAGAACTT
Seal      ATGGCATACCCCCTACAAATAGGCCTACAAGATGCAACCTCTCCCATTATAGAGGAGTTA
Whale     ATGGCATATCCATTCCAACTAGGTTTCCAAGATGCAGCATCACCCATCATAGAAGAGCTC
Frog      ATGGCACACCCATCACAATTAGGTTTTCAAGACGCAGCCTCTCCAATTATAGAAGAATTA

I mean for this set of data (top) how can I write this partition file, I can not understand the meaning
of this part.

DNA, p1=1-60\3,2-60\3 DNA, p2=3-60\3

Best regards,

Mohammad

Alexandros Stamatakis

Jun 4, 2014, 12:14:37 PM6/4/14
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mohammed,

This is explained on pages 34/35 of the manual:
http://sco.h-its.org/exelixis/resource/download/NewManual.pdf

Alexis

Mehdi Ghanbarifardi

Apr 12, 2015, 3:35:05 AM4/12/15
to ra...@googlegroups.com
Dear Mohammad
Could you please let me know if you did run raxml on windows 8-32 bit? It seems you have had a problem like this and luckily you solved it. I have downloaded WindowsExecutables_v8.0.20 but I do not know how should I run it.
Thanks for your prompt attention