Raven3.5 error when running installed but fine when running as a console.

Steven Roberts

Apr 20, 2017, 4:31:37 PM4/20/17

We have been running Raven3.5 as a console window while we have migrated from 2.5 which was running as an installed windows service.  Today I uninstalled 2.5 (left the binaries) and installed 3.5 as a windows service.  Nothing works!!  I uninstalled it as a service and ran it again as a console window, now everything is working again.  What is going on?

The error message I get is

{
  "Error": "Could not open resource named: cs.System Input string was not in a correct format."
}

Again, if I run raven through the console with NO/Zero/Nada changes to the config file it runs but as a service this error...

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Apr 21, 2017, 1:07:23 AM4/21/17
to ravendb
The most likely reason is permissions, enable logging and see what it tells you

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

Steven Roberts

Apr 24, 2017, 5:33:21 PM4/24/17
I found this blog post, could this be the problem?

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Apr 25, 2017, 1:07:23 AM4/25/17
to ravendb
Are you using encryption? If so, that is very probable.