SQL Replication PostgreSQL

Carlos Mendes

Aug 21, 2014, 5:54:29 AM8/21/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

where should I put the Npgsql.dll in order to use SQL Replication with PostgreSQL?

Thanks in advance

Chris Marisic

Aug 21, 2014, 10:55:17 AM8/21/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
What have you tried?

Carlos Mendes

Aug 21, 2014, 11:04:03 AM8/21/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
The Plugins folder.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Aug 21, 2014, 11:17:53 AM8/21/14
to ravendb
See here:

Basically, it needs to be in .config file for ravendb, probably need different version, etc, but that is the gist of it.

<system.data>
  <DbProviderFactories>

<add name="Npgsql Data Provider" invariant="Npgsql" support="FF" description=".Net Framework Data Provider for Postgresql Server" type="Npgsql.NpgsqlFactory, Npgsql, Version=2.0.11.91, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5d8b90d52f46fda7" /> </DbProviderFactories> </system.data>

Oren Eini

CEO

Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office:  + 972-4-622-7811

Fax:      + 972-153-4622-7811

Carlos Mendes

Aug 21, 2014, 12:29:33 PM8/21/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Ayende.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Aug 21, 2014, 12:32:36 PM8/21/14
to ravendb
Did this work?
If so, can you post the full details?

Carlos Mendes

Aug 21, 2014, 1:39:39 PM8/21/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Sure,

1) Download the latest stable PostgreSQL .Net Provider (http://npgsql.projects.pgfoundry.org/) and add Mono.Security.dll and Npgsql.dll to Raven's plugins folder

2) Add the configuration you provided to Raven.Server.exe.config updating the Npgsql version

<system.data>
<DbProviderFactories>
<add name="Npgsql Data Provider" invariant="Npgsql" support="FF" description=".Net Framework Data Provider for Postgresql Server" type="Npgsql.NpgsqlFactory, Npgsql, Version=2.1.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5d8b90d52f46fda7" />
</DbProviderFactories>
</system.data>

3) Restart the server and... it works!

I didn't have to add the DLLs to the GAC which is great.