Any plans to be able to disable, or take offline, a single tenant database?

Troy

Feb 14, 2013, 9:27:03 AM2/14/13
to rav...@googlegroups.com
If needed to take a tenant offline, or disable it, for various reasons...client didn't pay, updating infrastructure, moving it to another server, etc... are there any plans to be able to basically shut it off from taking any requests or to put it in a maintenance mode?

Thanks!

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Feb 14, 2013, 9:30:25 AM2/14/13
to ravendb
In 2.0, you can mark that database document Disabled: true, and it will work

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 4:27 PM, Troy <tza...@gmail.com> wrote:
If needed to take a tenant offline, or disable it, for various reasons...client didn't pay, updating infrastructure, moving it to another server, etc... are there any plans to be able to basically shut it off from taking any requests or to put it in a maintenance mode?

Thanks!

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Feb 14, 2013, 9:30:41 AM2/14/13
to ravendb
That specific tenant will start returning 503 errors.

Troy

Feb 14, 2013, 10:03:14 AM2/14/13
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I should have looked at the database docs on <system> ... would have been obvious. Good to know about the 503 so I can catch that and act on it. thanks a bunch!

Steven Roberts

Oct 29, 2014, 7:22:40 PM10/29/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
I know this post is old, but it's not particularly obvious to me on how to do this in code.  I'm using 2.5.  I can see the disabled property when looking at the database properties, but how can I set it from code in the client API.  I figure it's using Database commands but not sure.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Oct 31, 2014, 2:57:05 AM10/31/14
to ravendb
In 3.0, we explicitly support this as a dedicated endpoint.
In 2.5, you need to load the document yourself, and modify the property, then save it.

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

Steven Roberts

Nov 5, 2014, 3:26:47 PM11/5/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
I don't know why I didn't get this update from you so sorry for a late reply.  My question is actually how to load the database document.  I have this

            var dbDocument = await _documentSession.LoadAsync<DatabaseDocument>("Raven/Databases/" + command.Name);

but it doesn't give me the document.  The documentSession is actually pointed to the database I'm trying  to deactivate, so I think that's wrong for a start.  Is there a way to explicitly get the DatabaseDocument, or have I got it right I just need to point to the System database?

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Nov 6, 2014, 5:03:52 AM11/6/14
to ravendb
documentStore.OpenSession(Constants.SystemDatabase); will open a session on the system database.