Studio 4.0 - Resources view

Grzegorz Lachowski

Aug 22, 2016, 2:32:40 AM8/22/16
Hello everyone,

We prepared another set of UI mockups for RavenDB Studio 4.0 and would like to know your opinion on this. This time around it's the overhauled Resources view:

Any kind of feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg

Micha Schopman

Aug 22, 2016, 3:58:18 AM8/22/16
Hi Greg,

Some input

- I don't think the uptime is really relevant to display, size is
- What could be of value is to show if there are any issues with the database, like errors, optimizations, etc.
- Maybe show "last backup" datetime just to highlight the importance of backupping your valuable data.
- Provide a "listview" option next to the "card" view option, just to get more information on the screen.
- I would switch the navigation and filter panels. The filter panel can be prefilled with filters on database, filesystem, offline, etc. and ...

It would be really nice if we can group databases in folders. This way when you have 1000+ databases because of tenants, you can group them to maintain an overview.

Approach:
- Create group / folder
- Define a filter using the database metadata

Hope this helps

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Aug 22, 2016, 4:01:34 AM8/22/16
to ravendb
If you have 1000+ databases, you need multiple servers. Adding folders is not something that is viable.

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

Kijana Woodard

Aug 22, 2016, 11:45:39 AM8/22/16
to rav...@googlegroups.com
It's looking good to me.
I like the filtering and the ability to select all and take an action.

Leaking new features through the mocks. Given your recent blog posts, surprised "Graph" isn't an option. ;-)

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Aug 22, 2016, 2:12:56 PM8/22/16
to ravendb
Answering this as a separate thread.

Grzegorz Lachowski

Aug 23, 2016, 2:07:22 AM8/23/16
Thanks for the feedback, Micha!

We'll move "size" above the "uptime". Also good idea about displaying DB issues, errors etc. Additionally we'll look into adding a compact view and backup info to this view.