Bulk Insert High CPU

stephen...@googlemail.com

Nov 27, 2017, 10:58:14 AM11/27/17
Hi.
I'm currently having a problem where when I'm using the bulk insert function, RavenDB is using all of the CPU power.  This increases the time it takes to read records from RavenDB which increases our page load times.  Unfortunately I need to run this update periodically throughout the day.

Is there a way to limit the amount of CPU the bulk insert operation uses?  I have tried altering the BulkInsertOptions to reduce the batch size and the WriteTimeoutMilliseconds but it doesn't seem to make a difference.  I'm currently using build 35215.

Thanks.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Nov 27, 2017, 2:46:26 PM11/27/17
to ravendb
I'm assuming that the actual cost is not by the bulk insert, but because of indexing waking up.
You can slow down the bulk insert by just adding thread.sleep every few hundred calls to Store

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

stephen...@googlemail.com

Dec 5, 2017, 4:00:47 AM12/5/17
Thanks.  I think this could be it.  I'll try this.