LetsEncrypt Certificate Woes

vis...@bitloka.com

May 22, 2018, 12:31:12 AM5/22/18
LetsEncrypt Certificate is installed on the server on which RavenDB is running. Client certificate generated & RavenDB is configured.

The app is able to talk to RavenDB.
We can connect remotely using Mozilla & Postman.

But no matter what we do, we are unable to connect to RavenDB via Chrome / Edge. (Gives Authentication Error Occurred).

LetsEncrypt entry is present in intermediate CA (issued by DST Root CA 3)

Any work around?

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

May 22, 2018, 1:30:44 AM5/22/18
to ravendb
Are you talking from the same machine? Remote machine?
What is the exact error used?
What is the OS the server is running on?

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

Vishal Honnatti

May 22, 2018, 1:57:05 AM5/22/18
to rav...@googlegroups.com
RavenDB is running on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

We tested a simple App both from the same machine as server and also from a remote machine. - Works
Mozilla / Postman were tested from remote machine. - Works

On Edge / Chrome - while connecting to studio - we see

Vishal Honnatti

Bitloka Solutions Pvt Ltd

(Makers of CampusTrack)

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

May 22, 2018, 2:00:18 AM5/22/18
to ravendb
Did you install the client cert in chrome?

Vishal Honnatti

May 22, 2018, 2:00:48 AM5/22/18
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Yes

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

May 22, 2018, 2:07:03 AM5/22/18
to ravendb
To verify, you installed the pfx, not the cer, right?

Vishal Honnatti

May 22, 2018, 2:08:12 AM5/22/18
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Yes. We installed pfx.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

May 22, 2018, 2:18:19 AM5/22/18
to ravendb
Given that FireFox works, it is really strange.
Can you try checking with wireshark what is being sent over?

Vishal Honnatti

May 22, 2018, 2:20:52 AM5/22/18
to rav...@googlegroups.com
On the error page Chrome actually shows the green lock and clicking on it provides the info about certificate. It also mentions that the certificate is valid.

Yes I did install wireshark for the purpose but couldn't manage time to try it out. I guess I'll need sometime to get around to it. Is there anything specific that I should look for?

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

May 22, 2018, 2:26:08 AM5/22/18
to ravendb
Basically, we want to look at the negotiation between Chrome and RavenDB
To figure out why it isn't sending a cert.

We usually see this if the private key is not installed

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

May 22, 2018, 2:26:17 AM5/22/18
to ravendb
Oh, also, try this from incognito window, please

Judah Gabriel Himango

May 23, 2018, 10:19:11 AM5/23/18
Also, if you haven't already, make sure you have restarted Chrome and Edge. (Meaning, all instances have closed, then start.) I've been bitten by this more than once! :-)
Yes. We installed pfx.

Yes

Vishal Honnatti

Bitloka Solutions Pvt Ltd

(Makers of CampusTrack)

Vishal Honnatti

Bitloka Solutions Pvt Ltd

(Makers of CampusTrack)

Vishal Honnatti

Bitloka Solutions Pvt Ltd

(Makers of CampusTrack)

Vishal Honnatti

Bitloka Solutions Pvt Ltd

(Makers of CampusTrack)

Vishal Honnatti

May 23, 2018, 9:16:34 PM5/23/18
to rav...@googlegroups.com
I've done that but no luck. Wireshark seems to be the next step. But that's for the weekend!