Side-by-Side index using IndexDefinition

Andreas Wimmer

Jul 23, 2015, 8:37:43 AM7/23/15

Hi

Since we have very dynamic indexes we're currently using the class IndexDefinition to create the indexes. I just upgraded to version 3 and wanted to use the new side-by-side indexes but discovered that the methods only support the AbstractIndexCreationTask.
Is there a way to create a side-by-side index using the IndexDefinition?

Thanks
Andy

Michael Yarichuk

Jul 23, 2015, 9:25:20 AM7/23/15
Do you mean you are creating index using PutIndex(string name, IndexDefinition indexDef, bool overwrite) ?

Currently there side-by-side indexes can be created only with AbstactIndexCreation task.

Best regards,

Michael Yarichuk

RavenDB Core Team

Tel: 972-4-6227811

Fax:972-153-4-6227811

Email : michael....@hibernatingrhinos.com

RavenDB paving the way to "Data Made Simple" http://ravendb.net/

Andreas Wimmer

Jul 23, 2015, 9:42:24 AM7/23/15
to RavenDB - 2nd generation document database, michael....@ayende.com
Hi Michael

That's exactly what I meant. Thank you for creating an issue.

Andy

Andreas Wimmer

Jul 23, 2015, 10:30:47 AM7/23/15
to RavenDB - 2nd generation document database, michael....@ayende.com, andreas....@gmail.com
We'd appreciate very much if this was released very soon since we're currently struggling with long index rebuild times (customers with much and big documents) in our live environment and our own implementation of a side-by-side logic isn't working 100% perfect.
Can you estimate roughly when it'll be released?

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Jul 23, 2015, 2:44:46 PM7/23/15
to ravendb, Michael Yarichuk, andreas....@gmail.com
Inherit from AbstractIndexCreationTask, override the CreateIndexDefinition method to return the relevant IndexDefiniton and then call the SideBySide call as usual

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

Andreas Wimmer

Jul 24, 2015, 9:36:19 AM7/24/15
to RavenDB - 2nd generation document database, michael....@ayende.com, aye...@ayende.com
That's the idea I wanted to try if the DatabaseCommands method won't be released soon. I was hoping that it will do to override this method and the other properties (Indexes, Maps, etc.) are only used to create the index definition as a string.
Thanks for the confirmation that this approach will work.