Studio and my web app can not see a custom analyzer

Nick

Apr 25, 2015, 6:07:03 PM4/25/15
to rav...@googlegroups.com

I found almost no doc for installing a custom analyzer, except "drop it in the analysers folder with all necessary assemblies".

I created a class library, wrote an analyzer, referenced lucene.net that is in the ravendb server and compiled.
Dropped it in the analyzers folder (so this is the only file).
Ran the server.

First of all, in Studio (2.5), when I click in the analyzer textbox of a particular field in an index, my analyzer does not appear. I just see the 6 stock ones.
In my app, I tried to pass the type qualified name as a string that I determined myself or the one I get from typeof(GenericMultiLangAnalyzer.AsciiAnalyzer).FullName (if I add the assembly of the analyzer + lucene.net in the references). Again no luck.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Apr 26, 2015, 6:09:57 AM4/26/15
to ravendb
That is all you need to do.
We don't provide any intenllisense for custom analyzers.
And you need to send the assembly qualified name.

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

Nick

Apr 26, 2015, 7:57:21 AM4/26/15
to rav...@googlegroups.com
So there is no way to select a custom analyzer in Studio? I guess it's not difficult to get the dlls in the Analyzers folder, get the available analyzers in there and put them in the select box.
What do you mean by "send the assembly qualified name"? Send where?

So I did all this, and I don't see my analyzer assigned to the field in Studio AND the terms still have the accents.

Now in Studio, I manually typed the qualified name of my analyzer type and it worked. The terms changed which means the analyzer works and is correctly installed.
But from my app, Analyzers.Add(x => x.Plant, typeof(GenericMultiLangAnalyzer.AsciiAnalyzer).FullName); does nothing.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Apr 26, 2015, 8:01:16 AM4/26/15
to ravendb
We don't do intellisense for the studio for analyzer names.
It isn't hard, we just never did it.
Send the AFQN is meant what you put at the Analyzer field in the index.

What do you mean, don't put it there?

Analyzers.Add(x => x.Plant, typeof(GenericMultiLangAnalyzer.AsciiAnalyzer).AssemblyQualifiedFullName)

Nick

Apr 26, 2015, 8:23:39 AM4/26/15
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Ah ah, I know now. I had tried AssemblyQualifiedName but with no success either.
But I had done another change in my index and in fact there was an error there. The index was not regenerated and I was always seeing an old version of it in studio with no change in the analyzer.
Topic closed.