Memory Leaks - LocalDataStoreElement - Build 2908

Maverix

Aug 10, 2014, 2:52:12 AM8/10/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Hello All,

I am seeing a slow memory leak occurring in RavenDB 2908.  After a couple of days the memory builds until the server runs out of memory (16 GB available).
There are lots of tenant databases that are loaded and unloaded on demand.  But the memory is not fully released afterwards.

I recently restarted RavenDB and at the end of the day it is now using over 2GB when there is only two very small databases loaded.
From the Admin Stats endpoint:

Memory

Database Cache Size In MB: 240.58
Managed Memory Size In MB: 1786.24
Total Process Memory Size In MB: 2197.27

Where there is only two databases loaded:
Single Tenant (17.74 MBytes)
System database (1.01 MBytes)

When I analysed a dump with DebugDiag and it shows that the vast majority of the Heap is taken up by System.LocalDataStoreElement[]

The server is running on Windows Server 2008 R2.

Maverix

Aug 10, 2014, 2:56:22 AM8/10/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
My plan this week is to try and get something reproducible and try and isolate the memory pressure.

Wish me luck!

Maverix

Aug 10, 2014, 3:08:25 AM8/10/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
I just analysed another dump when memory pressure had built to 8.9 GB.
LocalDataStoreElement[] accounted for 6.26 GB (115 objects)

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Aug 10, 2014, 3:10:50 AM8/10/14
to ravendb
Can you show the raw data, which data store elements are we talking about?

Oren Eini

CEO

Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office:  + 972-4-622-7811

Fax:      + 972-153-4622-7811

Maverix

Aug 11, 2014, 2:28:19 AM8/11/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
I will grab another memory dump tonight once tenant databases are offloaded.
Would you like the raw dump? or just the Debug Diag output?

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Aug 11, 2014, 2:32:03 AM8/11/14
to ravendb
Honest, I want to know what is the actual data that you have in the data slots. That would help figure out where the actual issue is.

Ajay Khandelwal

Aug 29, 2014, 5:53:46 AM8/29/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
This post suggests that their is some problem with .net4 ..

Microsoft has come up with the patch.