RavenDB 4.0 "Connection Lost" in Administration UI on AWS instance

Ciel

Dec 12, 2017, 9:46:45 PM12/12/17
I have an instance of RavenDB 4.0 running on an AWS EC2 Instance, Ubuntu 16.04, the m4.xlarge package. This is not a slouch server, it's specs seem to fit well within the bounds needed to run Raven.

I have gotten the server working fine, and configured nginx to proxy pass to the admin console for now, while I am still setting things up to test.

server {
listen 80 default_server;
listen [::]:80 default_server;

# include snippets/snakeoil.conf;
root /var/www/html;

# Add index.php to the list if you are using PHP
index index.html index.htm index.nginx-debian.html;

server_name aws.yyyyyyy.com;

location / {
try_files $uri $uri/ =404;
}
}

server {
listen 80;
server_name raven.yyyyyy.com;

location / {
proxy_http_version 1.1;
proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
proxy_set_header Connection keep-alive;
proxy_set_header Host $host;
proxy_cache_bypass $http_upgrade;
}
}

But I continue to get this error when going to the dashboard, and I have no idea what to do about it.

If I just click Ignore, I can usually continue to work on it just fine, until it pops up again. But I'd really prefer to just figure out what's wrong altogether.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Dec 13, 2017, 4:42:55 AM12/13/17
to ravendb
I'm guessing that the issue is with ngnix dropping connections. You might need to set the timeouts, see:

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

Ciel

Dec 13, 2017, 5:21:55 AM12/13/17
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I'll check into that. I thought I had configured all of the keep-alive settings in nginx already. I didn't realize there were even more!

Ciel

Dec 13, 2017, 8:48:21 PM12/13/17
to rav...@googlegroups.com

This was indeed the problem, though I had to dig a bit deeper for a solution. I'll post everything I found on it shortly for the benefit of others encountering this.

Thank you again!

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Dec 14, 2017, 12:05:35 AM12/14/17
to ravendb