missing support for AggregateBy when querying in LinqPad

Steve Brownell

Apr 16, 2014, 2:02:13 PM4/16/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
I've generally had good success using LinqPad to work on queries for my Raven 2.5 (2750) database.  I'm not using the Overby driver.  Instead I'm just using the following references:
  • Newtonsoft.Json.dll
  • Raven.Abstractions.dll
  • Raven.Client.Lightweight.dll
The following script is complaining that it can't find the definition for "AggregateBy" in Raven.Client.Linq.IRavenQueryable<T>

What am I missing?

My script is as follows (which works just fine inside my MVC 4 application)...

var store = new Raven.Client.Document.DocumentStore {Url = "http://localhost:8080"};
store.Initialize();

Raven.Client.RavenQueryStatistics stats;
using( var session = store.OpenSession( "munch" ) )
{
var results = session.Query<Munch.Domain.Log>("AllLogs/ByBaseProperty")
.Statistics(out stats)
                .AggregateBy( x => x.MyProperty )
                .ToList();

stats.Dump();
results.Dump();
}

Thanks,
Steve Brownell
EventBooking

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Apr 16, 2014, 2:13:03 PM4/16/14
to ravendb
You need to add:

using Raven.Client;
using Raven.Client.Linq;

Oren Eini

CEO

Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office:  + 972-4-674-7811

Fax:      + 972-153-4622-7811

Steve Brownell

Apr 16, 2014, 5:43:27 PM4/16/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
embarrassingly obvious.  thanks, that worked.