RavenDB 4 embedded

Viktor Evdokimov

Apr 1, 2017, 1:33:21 AM4/1/17
Hello everyone,

I was looking at 4.0 version and was not able to figure out if it is going to support embedded mode as 3.5 did.

I am new to Raven, so if it is possible right now when using .net core, please point me at docs or steps.

TIA,
Viktor

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Apr 2, 2017, 1:24:53 AM4/2/17
to ravendb
Yes, you can run RavenDB 4.0 in your process.
Here is how we are doing that for our tests:

Note that we are still using HTTP to communicate, but that shouldn't be an issue.

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

Viktor Evdokimov

Apr 3, 2017, 1:39:27 PM4/3/17
Thanks, Oren.
Just what I needed.

Damian Hickey

Jul 13, 2017, 12:37:30 PM7/13/17
Just to clarify, running RavenDB 4 embedded in a process requires it's own listener?

João Bragança

Jul 14, 2017, 5:23:35 AM7/14/17
I'm trying to spike out what it would take to update our solution to Raven 4.0. However, I don't see that Raven.Server is available as a nuget package. Is this intentional?

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Jul 14, 2017, 7:05:44 AM7/14/17
to ravendb
Yes, the same as RavenDB 3.5
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ravendb+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Jul 14, 2017, 7:06:31 AM7/14/17
to ravendb
We are currently focusing on the client / server scenario, yes.

We have the test driver package, which will handle setting everything for you for tests.

João Bragança

Jul 14, 2017, 5:16:19 PM7/14/17
Unfortunately this will not work for us then. We would like to deploy our application as a single unit, the same way we have been doing with the embedded database.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Jul 15, 2017, 11:28:36 PM7/15/17
to ravendb
You would be able to do that, yes, but it will take a bit more time before the nuget package will be available for that.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Jul 15, 2017, 11:29:11 PM7/15/17
to ravendb
By the way, do you care about running it in the same process, or just having a single deployable unit?

Damian Hickey

Jul 17, 2017, 3:58:04 AM7/17/17
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Definitely the same process.

I'll take this conversation to private email to share some details.