3.5 Pricing question

Anders Strömberg

Oct 23, 2017, 3:24:23 AM10/23/17

I noticed that you introduced the new pricing model for 4.0 on the website.

Our current situation is that we have spent several mounts developing our platform to go from 2.5 to 3.5 release and we are unsure if we will be able to make the necessary changes to move to 4.0. Judging how much work it would be to go to 4.0 is difficult since there is no documentation available.

My question is, how will the new pricing model relate to 3.5 license (I assume that you are still selling these)? For instance, will the community license allow sharding since this is a feature that seems to disappear in the 4.0 version?

BR

Anders

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Oct 23, 2017, 8:02:14 AM10/23/17
to ravendb
Sharding is not available in 4.0, correct. This was a client side feature in 3.x, and if you really want it, should be simple enough to port to 4.0 by the community.

We aren't selling 3.5 licenses at this point. A 4.0 license is valid for 3.x as well, however.

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811