SQL replication setting drop down list problem

Yanjie Zhou

Oct 24, 2014, 10:32:47 AM10/24/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have a problem on the page Setting/SqlReplication. The drop down list "Edit Replication" for all SQL replication exist in the system can at most show me the first 25 SQL replication in the DB,although the rest of them still functional but I can't directly edit them on the setting page, could you please help to deal with this problem? Thank you.

Yanjie Zhou

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Oct 26, 2014, 3:14:17 AM10/26/14
to ravendb
Can you show a screen shot? I'm not sure that I'm following the issue.

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

Yanjie Zhou

Oct 27, 2014, 4:36:09 PM10/27/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Here is the screen shot, the drop down only shows me the SQL replication from beginning letter "A" to beginning letter "P", but I have many more replication that didn't shows up like beginning letter with "S", that is also in the screen shot.

Do you know what is wrong about it?

Thank you

Yanjie Zhou
`CRP4~PL2HCD}9A5K7X8058.jpg
I{C8RVZKR2%WL3FQLE4){WI.jpg

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Oct 28, 2014, 4:32:28 AM10/28/14
to ravendb

Yanjie Zhou

Nov 12, 2014, 10:55:59 AM11/12/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Thank you,

After changed that line of code, I find another problem:
If I make some modifications on one SQL replication code and save it, a small window will shows up. If click the check box and click ok, that sql replication will run and replicate data again(Please see the attached picture).
But some of the replications in the bottom of the Edit Replication drop down list, this small window will not show up when I changed and re-save the replication code. Additionally, those save will not trigger the replication run again.

Could you please help to deal with this problem?

Thank you

Yanjie Zhou
6T0W~I53D3`ZF`]E2(N[QZO.jpg

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Nov 12, 2014, 1:51:23 PM11/12/14
to ravendb
You can reset this manually by editing the Raven/SqlReplication/Status document directly.

Yanjie Zhou

Nov 12, 2014, 7:19:05 PM11/12/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Thank you.

Another problem I found today, please see the attached document, this is happen when I creating the SQL replication, do you have any ideas about it?

Thanks

Yanjie Zhou
C6JOBFI}XI6V[MKFP83XA8A.png

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Nov 13, 2014, 1:01:15 AM11/13/14
to ravendb
No, never seen this before. How did you reproduce this?

Yanjie Zhou

Nov 13, 2014, 10:35:09 AM11/13/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
It happen when I want to write more SQL replications into Raven DB and when I click save changes, it happens. Now it also happens when I want to make changes to the SQL replication that already exist.

Thank you

Yanjie Zhou

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Nov 13, 2014, 10:36:05 AM11/13/14
to ravendb
Can you send us a copy of your db?

Yanjie Zhou

Nov 13, 2014, 2:29:04 PM11/13/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
You want the Ravendb.dll?

Thank you

Yanjie Zhou
Raven.Database.rar

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Nov 13, 2014, 2:32:58 PM11/13/14
to ravendb

No, your replication docs

Yanjie Zhou

Nov 13, 2014, 2:51:24 PM11/13/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
it seems related to the change that fixed the list of SQLReplication (was 25, now is 512). Since this change, it has this error if the changed item beyond the position of 30. It seems the code to save the changed script has some loop that caused this issue.

Thanks

James Tan

Nov 13, 2014, 5:24:17 PM11/13/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Seems the code line 207 of Raven.Studio.Commands.SaveSettingsCommand has issue, which loops all configs and load by ID.

foreach (var sqlReplicationConfig in sqlReplicationSettings.SqlReplicationConfigs)
{
var id = "Raven/SqlReplication/Configuration/" + sqlReplicationConfig.Name;
var config = await session.LoadAsync<SqlReplicationConfig>(id);
config  = UpdateConfig(config, sqlReplicationConfig);
session.Store(config);

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Nov 14, 2014, 1:47:50 AM11/14/14
to ravendb
Thanks, fixed and issued a new unstable build.