RavenDB Studio error popup

Simone Belia

Mar 11, 2015, 9:58:43 AM3/11/15
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am running on a strange thing over the RavenDB studio
I have several VM with RavenDB on top of them.

Only on 2 of them (the QA VM) that are

xeon 2,8
8gb ram
400GB Flash

I have a problem with the studio.

When I work with the studio every N seconds appear a yellow popup that is saying "This is taking longer than usual (waiting for server to respond)".
It is strange because it happens randomically and even without any particular action on buttons or else.

I attach the screenshot

I have other problems on those instances on indexes, but I think all are related.

Do you have any advice on why this is happening and how to solve it?

thanks
simone
ServerSlow.png

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Mar 11, 2015, 10:23:25 AM3/11/15
to ravendb
Can you run Fiddler when this is happening?
This might happen when we have a very long request

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

Maxim Buryak

Mar 11, 2015, 12:08:43 PM3/11/15
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I this is the behavior of the studio when we get a changes api event and we try to receive an update from the server.
Here's an issue to treat that problem:

Best Regards,

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd  cid:image001.png@01CF95E2.8ED1B7D0

Maxim Buryak l Core Team Developer Mobile:+972-54-217-7751

RavenDB paving the way to "Data Made Simplehttp://ravendb.net/

Simone Belia

Mar 11, 2015, 12:13:40 PM3/11/15
to rav...@googlegroups.com
thank you,

@Oren: yes I will send you fiddler details asap

Maxim Buryak

Simone Belia

Mar 26, 2015, 10:53:35 AM3/26/15
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I installed the latest build 3644 and the waiting error popup now comes out on every server.
Can you please tell us how to fix this issue?

@Oren: With fiddler doesn't look the operations took long (long = not more than 1 second and a half).

Thanks

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Mar 26, 2015, 11:46:02 AM3/26/15
to ravendb
I'm not seeing that. I added a 5 seconds delay, and it isn't showing.

Simone Belia

Mar 31, 2015, 5:10:37 AM3/31/15
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Oren,

here is what fiddler is saying after the update to the  unstable 3644
It is ordered by timing and those you see over 5s sometimes take more than 10.

The test servers are machine with SSD, 12GB ram and Quad-Xeon

Let me know please

When are you planning to deploy a new Stable?

thanks
simone
error.jpg