Question regarding SQL Replication when add new script/mapping (2.5)

James Tan

Feb 27, 2015, 1:20:51 PM2/27/15
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Currently, on the live environment, when we add a new mapping or script, the SQL replication will only process the new added script and it could take hours to catch up and it caused other existing replication delays for hours.

Is this by design? It is annoy on the live environment with fair size DB (say 20M doc).

I thought the process should be multi-threaded.

Thanks

James

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Feb 27, 2015, 3:27:46 PM2/27/15
to ravendb
It is multi threaded, but only when all replications are on the same etag.

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

James Tan

Feb 27, 2015, 4:20:57 PM2/27/15
to ravendb

Shall this consider a problem for live environment, esp with large number of document to scan?

Thanks

James

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "RavenDB - 2nd generation document database" group.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Mar 1, 2015, 4:32:09 AM3/1/15
to ravendb
It might be.
We'll be looking into improving this for 3.5