How do you properly "edit" the HTML5 Studio?

Stacey

May 26, 2016, 1:05:01 PM5/26/16
I'm working on a pull request, and I'm just curious what the correct, actual process for making edits to the HTML5 studio is when you guys are developing. As of right now, I do the following;

  • Have the code open in Visual Studio. Make changes, save files.
  • Return to PowerShell, run .\build command to rebuild the entire program, which packages the html5 studio.
  • Run the Raven.Server.exe application in the /Raven.Server/bin/Debug|Release folder to launch RavenDB (I can leave this open between builds, though)

This is slow and cumbersome. Surely this isn't how you actually do it in practice is it?

Stacey

May 26, 2016, 1:13:45 PM5/26/16
Well I feel dumb. I just realized you can simply edit the code without rebuilding. I was so certain I had read that you had to rebuild the project to package the studio.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

May 26, 2016, 7:31:32 PM5/26/16
to ravendb
Yes, we have it set to automatically update whenever we do changes, so F5 is pretty much it most of the time

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811