Cannot setup client to connect RavenDB 4.0 Build 40031

onde...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2018, 7:52:10 AM3/19/18

I installed RavenDB locally with mode Secured.

It runs fine and drives me to ravendb> console but I cannot make client Studio work. This is the error:

This server requires client certificate for authentication, but none was provided by the client.

For sure I found the certificate in Chrome, my steps are below:

1. I run generateClientCert to have a valid cert:

2. I extract the zip file

3. I run trustClientCert command

4. I install certificate, view the cert in Chrome and it is listing

Any one have idea on how to resolve this? Thanks.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Mar 19, 2018, 8:00:03 AM3/19/18
to ravendb
What operating system are you using?
In the setup mode, you got a zip file, you install the admin.client.... file from there?
When you are going to chrome, does it give you a cert?

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

onde...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2018, 12:24:23 AM3/20/18
Hi Oren,

Thanks for your return.

I run RavenDB on Windows 7 64bit.

It was running fine with Setup.Mode = None, now I switch to Secured, added Certificate Path & Password (the pfx file is generated via generate-server-cert.ps1 script)

Chrome does not provide anything, it just redirects to error page. So the final settings file is:

{
  "ServerUrl": "https://ravendb.test:8080",
  "DataDir": "RavenData",
  "Setup.Mode": "Secured",
  "License.Eula.Accepted": true,
  "Security.Certificate": {
        "Path": "C:\\temp\\Certs\\server.pfx",
        "Password": "Abc123456"
    }
}

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Mar 20, 2018, 2:15:53 AM3/20/18
to ravendb
Close the browser and try accessing the server again, do you get the cert window?
If not, you'll need to install the _server_ cert (Windows 7 sometimes requires it)

onde...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2018, 3:49:39 AM3/20/18
I tried both - closed browser several times, even run on IE11 but no luck. I'll run on a Server OS.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Mar 20, 2018, 3:56:53 AM3/20/18
to ravendb
Did you installed the server cert as well?

onde...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2018, 4:39:35 AM3/20/18
Yes, I did.

Even I tried with generateClientCert + trustClientCert and install the new client cert.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Mar 20, 2018, 4:41:49 AM3/20/18
to ravendb
The underlying issue is that you on Windows 7, you need to register the server cert.
IIRC, it needs to go to intermediate roots or root CA for client certificates to work.

onde...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2018, 5:54:18 AM3/20/18
Yes it should be the server cert is not registered well: I try a simple console app in C# with client cert from generateClientCert / trustClientCert, I get security issue when opening a session / save new document.

MostHated

Apr 7, 2018, 10:42:36 PM4/7/18
I am on Windows 10 and am having the same issue.

MostHated

Apr 7, 2018, 10:54:41 PM4/7/18
It seems Raven itself wont even trust it's own cert. This is the 5th one I have made and tried. I also wiped it out and tried building from github fresh and it does it as well.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Apr 8, 2018, 1:42:21 AM4/8/18
to ravendb
Hi,