JsonDocuments getting 'stuck' in NonAuthoritativeInformation mode

Lee

Jul 28, 2014, 11:18:38 AM7/28/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
I have some code which polls ravendb using DatabaseCommands.StartsWith until none of the documents it returns have NonAuthoritativeInformation set to true.  It does this for a maximum of 2 minutes.

Intermittently, I am finding that the documents it returns get 'stuck' as NonAuthoritativeInformation, in that it reaches the timeout of two minutes.  This happens on operations which works absolutely fine a lot of the time.

Any ideas what can cause this to happen?

Chris Marisic

Jul 28, 2014, 2:23:44 PM7/28/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Are you doing long running sagas, perhaps over NServiceBus or other distributed transaction usage that this is just normal behavior for a long running transaction?

Lee

Jul 29, 2014, 3:30:01 AM7/29/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
No, nothing long running.

I think I have identified the problem, as I have been running my suite of tests constantly throughout the night without a single failure.  The change I made was to disable request caching by changing ShouldCacheRequest to false for all requests.  This suggests to me that there is some kind of race condition which means that you can get into a situation where documents that are non-authoritative are cached and not refreshed, despite the fact that they have become authoritative in the meantime.

Can anyone confirm that this is unexpected behaviour?

I shall continue to run the tests today to ensure that this is indeed the issue.

Lee

Jul 29, 2014, 3:37:32 AM7/29/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
The build number I am using is 2.5.2851.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Jul 30, 2014, 4:09:40 AM7/30/14
to ravendb
Are you using DTC?
Can you try this with 2910?

Oren Eini

CEO

Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office:  + 972-4-622-7811

Fax:      + 972-153-4622-7811

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 10:37 AM, Lee <safe...@hotmail.com> wrote:
The build number I am using is 2.5.2851.

Lee

Jul 30, 2014, 5:04:08 AM7/30/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Yeah am using DTC.  Was looking at upgrading to 2910 today anyways so will give it a go.  Also have another intermittent issue where a simple multi-map index sometimes returns duplicate documents but shall raise that separately.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Jul 30, 2014, 6:51:41 AM7/30/14
to ravendb
Please try that on 2910 first