Viewing terms of dynamic fields in studio

Chris Marisic

Oct 1, 2013, 5:09:38 PM10/1/13
to rav...@googlegroups.com
How can you inspect an index fully that uses dynamic fields?

I want to see the actual fields, and the terms those fields have that I've setup in my index using { _ = myDoc.Collection.Select(x=> CreateField()) }

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Oct 2, 2013, 3:29:14 AM10/2/13
to ravendb
I don't think that there is an easy way to do that.
Mostly because there is no way to extract fields names from Lucene easily.

The easiest from you perspective is to issue a query in the studio with Show Index Entries.

Oren Eini
CEO
Hibernating Rhinos
Telfax:   +972-4-674-7811

On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 12:09 AM, Chris Marisic <ch...@marisic.com> wrote:
How can you inspect an index fully that uses dynamic fields?

I want to see the actual fields, and the terms those fields have that I've setup in my index using { _ = myDoc.Collection.Select(x=> CreateField()) }

David Prothero

Apr 23, 2015, 10:30:58 AM4/23/15
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Old thread, I know, but I would also like this capability. Using Show Index Entries doesn't show the terms for me either.

I tried using Luke. After stopping RavenDB, Luke would allow me to look at the Lucene index and I can see all the terms there.

David

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Apr 24, 2015, 1:12:04 AM4/24/15
to ravendb
This is from two years ago.
What is the _context_ for your question?

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

David Prothero

Apr 24, 2015, 8:17:48 AM4/24/15
to rav...@googlegroups.com
1. I am using the CreateField() function to create dynamic fields in an index from a collection of name/value pairs.
2. I clicked on "Terms" in the studio expecting to see the dynamic fields there, but all I see are the static fields and the underscore field with no entries.
3. I googled a bit and then searched this mailing list to see if this had been encountered before.
4. I found this thread and instead of starting a new thread added my comments to it.
5. My comments had three components:

a. I, too, tried looking for this in the Terms and didn't see it there. I wanted to add my voice to requesting this feature, although this wouldn't be a high priority feature.

b. I tried your suggestion to the O.P. of using Show Index Entries. For me, this would only show a dynamic field if I queried that specific field.

c. I wanted to add for the community that, as a workaround, you could use the open source Lucene index browsing tool Luke and be able to see inside the index and view all of the dynamic fields. (With the caveat that I had to stop RavenDB before I could open the files on the file system.)

So, no real question there, just some feedback. :) Thank you for creating the CreateFields function, it's extremely powerful. I'm using it to query security Claims on user accounts created by ASP.NET Identity (Claims are name/value pairs).

David

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Apr 26, 2015, 8:04:10 AM4/26/15
to ravendb
Yes, we only show the static values there. It is meant to be an aid.
If you want to see the actual index entries go to the query page and select that.

What does your index looked like?