Another VS 2015 index & transformer compilation error

Nick

Sep 3, 2015, 9:52:02 AM9/3/15

Similar issue to this post

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/ravendb/OZP4BhBuCYI/OqNme5u-DQAJ

I cannot create index or transformer definitions for complex indexes or transformers having upgraded to VS 2015, they were working fine before the upgrade, here are 2 screen shorts of slightly different errors I get first one is creating a transformer the other an index

There is a failing test here for a simple transformer

Environment setup is as follows

RavenDB Build: 3785
Server 2012 R2
VS 2015 Community
Solution / projects are targeting .NET framework version 4.5.1
IIS 8.5

I have tried disabling RyuJIT and have installed the windows update which is supposed to address some JIT issues in 4.6 (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3086251)

But I am guessing this is an issue that needs addressing within Raven.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Sep 8, 2015, 12:15:45 PM9/8/15
to ravendb
It looks like VS 2015 is more "efficient" in the variable names.
It reuses the same variable name, which doesn't happens on VS 2013.
Looking into it.

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Sep 8, 2015, 1:37:07 PM9/8/15
to ravendb
Okay, fixed and will be in the next build.

Nick Champion

Sep 9, 2015, 12:03:43 AM9/9/15
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Great, thanks Oren

BenHyrman

Feb 1, 2016, 1:38:23 PM2/1/16
Was this backported to 2.5 as well? If so, I'll try and come up with a failing test with the 2.5.25001 client. We're just hitting this same issue after moving to vs2015 / 4.6

Ben

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Feb 1, 2016, 5:00:25 PM2/1/16
to ravendb
There was a bunch of fixes related to this in 2.5, I'm not sure if this one was included.
Can you test with the latest 2.5?

BenHyrman

Feb 1, 2016, 9:46:07 PM2/1/16
I did verify that I am receiving the same error with the 2.5.25001 client. However, while I can see that the query is still being incorrectly generated and reusing this0 since our upgrade, I haven't pulled it into an isolated test. Do you need that as well?

The team at Hibernating Rhinos would make my month if it turns out that fix isn't in 2.5 and does end up there soon :D We're moving forward from 2.5 just not yet.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Feb 2, 2016, 1:46:55 AM2/2/16
to ravendb
Yes, we'll backport the fix to 2.5

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Feb 3, 2016, 9:02:31 AM2/3/16
to ravendb
Fixed in the unstable, please look at that

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

BenHyrman

Feb 3, 2016, 5:12:04 PM2/3/16
Works like a champ now. Thanks!