Cant get custom bundle to work with 3.5

Nick

Jul 15, 2016, 11:15:16 AM7/15/16
I have a custom bundle which has been running fine with 3.0 but having upgraded to 3.5 I can no longer get it to run.

Its pretty simple with a custom read trigger and a custom put trigger. I have dropped the DLL into the Plugins directory but my triggers are not firing.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks

Nick

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Jul 15, 2016, 1:27:38 PM7/15/16
to ravendb
You have to recompile it against 3.5

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

Nick Champion

Jul 15, 2016, 2:50:46 PM7/15/16
to rav...@googlegroups.com
I have done, anything else I might be missing?
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "RavenDB - 2nd generation document database" group.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Jul 15, 2016, 5:14:50 PM7/15/16
to ravendb
Any errors, the log?

Nick Champion

Jul 16, 2016, 2:01:25 AM7/16/16
to rav...@googlegroups.com
OK I figured out the problem, seems if you specify a value for Raven/WorkingDir the plugins folder needs to sit within this folder rather than the folder where the servers actually located (IIS website directory in my case). I found the /plugins/status endpoint to help debug this.

Can you clarify - is  Raven/WorkingDir a replacement for CompiledIndexCacheDirectory, AssembliesDirectory etc to avoid the old " Temp path already used" error?

As an aside it would be really helpful for those of us evaluating 3.5 to have a blog post or a document somewhere that we can refer to which details all the little changes like this.

Thanks

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Jul 16, 2016, 8:12:40 AM7/16/16
to ravendb
Raven/WorkingDir is where the default path is, yes.
If you don't specify it, we use base directory.
You can explicitly set PluginsDirecotry