RavenDB 4 - Changes in documents not reflected in index

Andrej Krivulčík

Dec 8, 2017, 11:36:47 AM12/8/17
RavenDB version Build 40, Version 4.0, SemVer 4.0.0-custom-40, Commit 8953753 (custom build provided by Grisha here: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ravendb/7SO_vTmR1xc/stSbHY4iDAAJ ).

I have a map/reduce index over 2 collections. The index is reported to be up to date and fully operational. When I query it, it returns data which seems to be stale - at least one of the fields doesn't have the same value as the value in the document.

The disk was full around the time when the source document was changed and this might be cause of the index staleness. I see some indexing errors caused by the full disk but not on this database.

However, having no indication of potential problems in case of incorrect/outdated data in the index is not good.

I suspect that resetting the index would resolve the issue but haven't tried it to allow for investigation.

This happens on a smaller database - 10 GB including indexes, around 750 MB zipped. I can send the zipped file to support if that would help in investigation.

I can also not touch the DB server until Monday and do some testing or provide access then, if replicating using the sent data would be problematic.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Dec 10, 2017, 2:25:45 AM12/10/17
to ravendb
It is possible that this is related to this issue: http://issues.hibernatingrhinos.com/issue/RavenDB-9680

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

Andrej Krivulčík

Dec 11, 2017, 3:31:31 PM12/11/17
If I read the issue and the thread correctly, that issue is caused by deleted documents. There are no deleted documents in my case, only added and updated documents.

Is it possible to verify whether this can be related?

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Dec 12, 2017, 4:28:24 AM12/12/17
to ravendb
This is related to deletion, nothing else.
If you can send the db over, we'll look at this closely, yes

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Dec 12, 2017, 4:28:34 AM12/12/17
to ravendb
I don't assume that you have a way to reproduce?

Andrej Krivulčík

Dec 12, 2017, 11:07:44 AM12/12/17
Not really, this happened only once. After resetting the index, the values in the index correctly reflect the documents.

I sent the database to support email.