Master/Master Replication with SQL Replication on both nodes?

已查看 21 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Michael McRorey

未读,
2016年4月28日 08:53:552016/4/28
收件人 RavenDB - 2nd generation document database
We are running RavenDB version #30037 on Windows 2012 R2.  We have Master/Master Replication setup as well as SQL Replication.

The question I have is, do we setup the SQL Replication on both nodes?  I would assume yes, because if one master is down, then there would be no SQL Replication at all.  I just wanted to make sure that if both are running, they aren't both submitting SQL inserts about the same data.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

未读,
2016年4月28日 08:56:092016/4/28
收件人 ravendb
You cannot set it up on both nodes, no.
The typical setup is that the secondary node is the one replication to SQL.
Note that if the secondary is down, it will catch up (and replicate to SQL) when it is up.

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 3:53 PM, Michael McRorey <mike.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
We are running RavenDB version #30037 on Windows 2012 R2.  We have Master/Master Replication setup as well as SQL Replication.

The question I have is, do we setup the SQL Replication on both nodes?  I would assume yes, because if one master is down, then there would be no SQL Replication at all.  I just wanted to make sure that if both are running, they aren't both submitting SQL inserts about the same data.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

未读,
2016年4月28日 08:59:002016/4/28
收件人 ravendb
Technically speaking, both of them _can_ write to the same db, and since they are running in transactions, it will have the same end result, but that will be double the work for SQL.

And I'm not sure if the isolation level on the db will allow this interleaving or not.

Michael McRorey

未读,
2016年4月28日 09:21:492016/4/28
收件人 RavenDB - 2nd generation document database
Thank you very much.  This has helped me decide on the next step.
回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子