BulkInsert documents not displaying in studio.

jo...@thesimonshouse.com

Sep 27, 2016, 12:02:46 AM9/27/16
Upgraded from v3.0.30153 to v3.0.30155, and now my BulkInsert documents do not show in studio :(

jo...@thesimonshouse.com

Sep 27, 2016, 12:30:25 AM9/27/16
So it seems the issue is not related to the update, instead it seems that PreAuthenticate ON makes it not work.

So with the following:
documentStore.HttpMessageHandlerFactory = () => new WebRequestHandler
                {
                    ServerCertificateValidationCallback = (obj, certificate, chain, errors) => true, //Allow Self Signing certs.  Since we are both client and server this is safe
                    UnsafeAuthenticatedConnectionSharing = true, // This is needed according to https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ravendb/DUYFvqWR5Hc/l1sKE5A1mVgJ
                    //PreAuthenticate = true, <- If I have this ON BulkInserts do not display in Studio
                    Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultNetworkCredentials
                };

As you can see I had to comment out PreAuthenticate.

What is going on ?
We using windows auth.

Cheers
John

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Sep 27, 2016, 5:47:54 AM9/27/16
to ravendb
How is that related? Are you running this embedded?

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

John Simons

Sep 27, 2016, 5:51:46 AM9/27/16
to ravendb
Well some how preauthenticate causes the documents that are inserted via BulkInsert to not be inserted, and there is no failures.

No I am not running embedded.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Sep 27, 2016, 5:53:08 AM9/27/16
to ravendb
Oh, okay, you are running bulk insert using this, which probably try to auth ahead of the line, but it first send the entire request, fails, try again, etc.

Use API key or a dedicated document store without it
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ravendb+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.