No certificate sent after Lets Encrypt wizard

Vincent Van Mulders

Feb 20, 2018, 2:59:48 PM2/20/18
Installed 4.0 on a fresh GCE server
Ran the Lets Encrypt wizard
Ran fine and got the zip back

When raven restarted and the url swapped to the myDomain.ravendb.community I got

There were problems authenticating the request:

This server requires client certificate for authentication, but none was provided by the client.

According to the tutorial/video about the wizard on 4.0, chrome should have prompted what certificate to use but that didn't happen

Now checking the "lock" thing left of the url it actually says "Certificate: valid"

Is this me? Should i try regenning a client cert via the CLI?

iftah

Feb 21, 2018, 1:35:26 AM2/21/18
Hi Vincent,

This can happen if another client certificate was cached by Chrome. Close all instances of Chrome and restart - it should ask you which certificate to use.

"
This server requires client certificate for authentication, but none was provided by the client" - the client here is Chrome.
What you looked at is the server certificate.

Thanks,
Iftah

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Feb 21, 2018, 2:24:31 AM2/21/18
to ravendb
I assume that you are connecting remotely? So the setup run on the GCE server ,and then you are trying to connect from your local machine?
If so, you need to install the client certificate in the zip file that was generated.

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

Vincent Van Mulders

Feb 21, 2018, 3:31:50 AM2/21/18
Yes, connection from my local machine to the server.

You do mean installing the certificate received in the zip on my local machine(the client) right

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Feb 21, 2018, 3:36:31 AM2/21/18
to ravendb
Yes, that is correct
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ravendb+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Vincent Van Mulders

Feb 21, 2018, 3:44:32 AM2/21/18
Done that via Chome and mmc.

I generated a new client certificate via the CLI, installed it in Firefox and I have it working there now. Certificate prompted and I can get into the studio

So this is something chrome related?

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Feb 21, 2018, 3:47:53 AM2/21/18
to ravendb
After you install the client cert, you might need to restart chrome.

Vincent Van Mulders

Feb 21, 2018, 4:10:33 AM2/21/18
I've rebooted since then ( last night ) so that should not be it.

On a sidenote, I rebooted the machine (to increase the RAM to 3G) where the server is installed without setting a non-ephemera IP, so I lost the IP connected to the domain. Easy to update the IP or do I need to rerun the wizard?

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Feb 21, 2018, 4:11:48 AM2/21/18
to ravendb
You can go to the settings.json and update it there, yes
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ravendb+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Vincent Van Mulders

Feb 21, 2018, 4:51:17 AM2/21/18
Will updating the ExternalIp update the DNS settings on the community domain on your end?

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Feb 21, 2018, 4:53:23 AM2/21/18
to ravendb
No, for that you'll need to re-run the setup