RavenDB 4 - Failed to retrieve database topology from all known nodes

onde...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2018, 12:20:58 AM3/22/18

I use client certicate to DocumentStore but this makes application to throw an error when session.Load method is called, as below:

Failed to retrieve database topology from all known nodes.
https://ravendb.test -> An error occurred while sending the request. -> The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. -> The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

The certificate is the one I used to connect with Chrome - it works fine. https://ravendb.test is pointing to a VM in google cloud.

I generated a new certificate having a password but still same issue.

Would you help please?

Thanks,

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Mar 22, 2018, 2:42:51 AM3/22/18
to ravendb
Is the certificate actually valid? In other words, your certificate is for ravendb.test domain and the certificate is trusted by your operating system?

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 5:51 AM, <onde...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I use client certicate to DocumentStore but this makes application to throw an error, as below:

Failed to retrieve database topology from all known nodes.
https://ravendb.test -> An error occurred while sending the request. -> The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel. -> The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

The certificate is the one I used to connect with Chrome - it works fine. https://ravendb.test is pointing to a VM in google cloud.

I generated a new certificate having a password but still same issue.

Would you help please?

Thanks,

onde...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2018, 3:10:16 AM3/22/18
Well, I was imported the client .crf tile into Trusted Publishers. But I imported the server pfx file into Trusted RCA and it helped to work. Thanks Oren !

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Mar 22, 2018, 3:19:35 AM3/22/18
to ravendb
Great, the problem was the untrusted certificate causing security exception, adding it resolved it (adding this here to make it easier for future searches).