RavenDB 4: Plugins - Elasticsearch

adrien guillerot

May 22, 2018, 10:28:12 AM5/22/18
Hi everyone,

Are the plugins still an option to extend capabilities of RavenDB 4 Server ?
I'm searching a way to replicate (continuous replication) a RavenDB database to an Elasticsearch database.

I've seen that it has been done in the past on this project https://github.com/synhershko/RavenDB.ElasticsearchReplication (credit: Itamar Syn-Hershko)

Regards,
Adrien Guillerot.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

May 22, 2018, 10:43:23 AM5/22/18
to ravendb
Hi,
RavenDB offers full text search natively, so you don't typically need that.
If you want that, an external way to do that isn't going to work, you'll need to add that as an ETL destination.
We already have RavenDB and SQL ETL destinations, and adding another one is fairly simple

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

adrien guillerot

May 22, 2018, 11:12:06 AM5/22/18

Yes. We are already experimenting with the full text search included natively (which is great).
But we will also evaluating the possibility to work with other data analysis products/services which are able to connect to elasticsearch databases.

Regards,
Adrien Guillerot.