Attachment Replication

Ross Jones

Sep 1, 2014, 5:24:01 PM9/1/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I am attempting to replicate data from an instance running build 2330 to an instance running 2916 in order to upgrade to RavenDB 2.5.

Everything is going as expected except for the fact that my attachments don't appear to be replicating across.

Is there a specific configuration option to enable this?

Thanks,

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Sep 1, 2014, 5:30:40 PM9/1/14
to ravendb
No, they should be replicating automatically.
Can you check the replication stats?

Oren Eini

CEO

Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office:  + 972-4-622-7811

Fax:      + 972-153-4622-7811

Ross Jones

Sep 1, 2014, 5:38:29 PM9/1/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oren,

Replication stats from 2330 instance attached.

I am not sure where the tm-raven-1:8092 came from. I only ever added a replication destination as localhost:8092
stats.png

Ross Jones

Sep 1, 2014, 5:40:29 PM9/1/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Stats from the 2916 instance attached
2916.png

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Sep 1, 2014, 5:45:25 PM9/1/14
to ravendb
That is probably the machine name for the remote machine.
Can you look at the actual stats doc in the document?
Raven/Replication/Source...

Ross Jones

Sep 1, 2014, 5:45:50 PM9/1/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Apologies, you were probably referring to the full stats end point. I do see a last attachment Etag value there. I will check what document that refers to

LastAttachmentEtag"00000002-0000-0a00-0000-000000000066"

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Sep 1, 2014, 5:50:35 PM9/1/14
to ravendb
Look at the /static endpoint, it should print the attachment names.

Ross Jones

Sep 1, 2014, 6:08:05 PM9/1/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
I am seeing some attachments there. It may just be taking some time to replicate which is understandable. I will check again in the morning. That's enough for one day.

Is there a way to page through the data on the /static endpoint?

Thanks,

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Sep 1, 2014, 6:12:05 PM9/1/14
to ravendb
?start=25&pageSize=25
?start=50&pageSize=25

etc.

Ross Jones

Sep 2, 2014, 2:53:01 AM9/2/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oren,

The attachments did not appear to replicate over night.

I have 2 db's making use of attachments and they have both only replicated 100 attachments and then seem to have stopped. Any ideas?

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Sep 2, 2014, 4:31:45 AM9/2/14
to ravendb
What does the log say?