System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to resolve the following dependencies for target framework 'DNXCore,Version=v5.0':

Wallace Turner

Jul 22, 2015, 10:59:36 AM7/22/15
I'm getting this error trying to use the latest RavenDB nuget package compiling against the dnx coreclr  (for the record clr works fine)

System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to resolve the following dependencies for target framework 'DNXCore,Version=v5.0':
   RavenDB.Client 3.0.3690

I see you have touched on this in earlier posts and my understanding is you may have to provide a version specific/compiled-for the coreclr - to that effect do you have plans to do this?

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Jul 22, 2015, 11:04:16 AM7/22/15
to ravendb
This is currently not supported.

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

Wallace Turner

Jul 22, 2015, 11:19:41 AM7/22/15
thanks. that looks more like a runtime issue. did you find that when you were testing compiling the Raven.Client source against dnxcore5?

Wallace Turner

Jul 22, 2015, 11:42:07 AM7/22/15
sorry that wasnt very clear. what i mean is i ran into a compile issue and was wondering whether the github issue you posted was found by someone trying to test (at runtime) the raven.client when compiled on dnxcore5?

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Jul 22, 2015, 11:46:28 AM7/22/15
to ravendb
We have run into that when building RavenDB against dnxcore to create a proper release for it

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

Wallace Turner

Feb 1, 2016, 10:10:27 AM2/1/16
its been a few months now and the bug mentioned above is now fixed (in the core clr)

Is there a build of raven that works on the core clr ?

It doesnt appear so yet as this gives compile errors in vs2015:

"frameworks": {
    "dnx451": {
      "dependencies": {
        "RavenDB.Client": "3.0.30037"
      }
    },
    "dnxcore50": { } //doesnt like this
  },

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Feb 1, 2016, 10:23:22 AM2/1/16
to ravendb
Yes, you can get it from Nuget

Wallace Turner

Feb 1, 2016, 11:41:57 PM2/1/16
I used 3.5.35036-Unstable - is this going to make it into stable soon?

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Feb 2, 2016, 1:18:54 AM2/2/16
to ravendb
Yes

Kijana Woodard

Feb 2, 2016, 9:56:05 AM2/2/16
to rav...@googlegroups.com
By "yes", you still mean "a couple months", right?

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Feb 2, 2016, 3:05:15 PM2/2/16
to ravendb
No, I mean the next time we have a stable, we'll have it there.

Kijana Woodard

Feb 2, 2016, 3:11:34 PM2/2/16
to rav...@googlegroups.com
"I used 3.5.35036-Unstable - is this going to make it into stable soon?"

A: The fix for core clr will be in the next 3.0 stable. 3.5 stable will be released after some number of months.

Is that correct?

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Feb 2, 2016, 4:19:54 PM2/2/16
to ravendb
Yes, that is correct.

Daniele Cervi

Feb 10, 2016, 2:02:39 PM2/10/16
Hi, i've installed ravendb.database in a MVC 5 project, but i got the error "NU1002 The dependency RavenDB.Database 3.0.30037 in project MrOrder does not support framework DNXCore,Version=v5.0.

There is a way to fix this?

Thx

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Feb 10, 2016, 2:33:10 PM2/10/16
to ravendb
How did you installed it?
Can you try with the unstable?

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

Daniele Cervi

Feb 11, 2016, 8:03:57 AM2/11/16
to ravendb
Just tried with the latest unstable, 3.5.35042, got the same result. Installed via Nuget Packet Manager.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "RavenDB - 2nd generation document database" group.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Feb 11, 2016, 8:10:05 AM2/11/16
to ravendb
What was the exact command?

Looking it here, we publish support for it.

Daniele Cervi

Feb 11, 2016, 8:16:55 AM2/11/16
to ravendb
Did the first time through the graphic interface, and the second time using the console with the command "Install-Package RavenDB.Database -Pre".

I'm using ravendb.database because i need the embedded version.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Feb 11, 2016, 8:22:01 AM2/11/16
to ravendb
Raven Database does NOT work in DNX
Raven client does.

Chris Marisic

Feb 11, 2016, 10:24:27 AM2/11/16
So you can use RavenDB installed as a local service and a DNX app talk to it.

RavenDB as a remote server host either running as service or in IIS and foreign clients making calls to it.

Can't use embedded in DNX

Daniele Cervi

Feb 11, 2016, 10:27:57 AM2/11/16
Got it.