RavenDB 4 - Server URL in wizard

Andrej Krivulčík

Nov 20, 2017, 10:16:39 AM11/20/17
First of all - great work with the wizard and getting the user to setup the server.

Haven't tested the certificate installation yet but I have a suggestion for the insecure option.

(Well, actually two. "Unsecure" in the heading is actually "Insecure". "Unsecured" below is okay.)

The "Public server url" field expects the URL to include the port and it's very non-obvious, especially because the port field is immediately below the field.

I would suggest adding the port to the URL (if not already there and if it's not 80), and also explicitly stating that the URL should (or should not) contain the port number.

iftah

Nov 20, 2017, 10:28:31 AM11/20/17
Hi Andrej,

I agree that the "Public server url" field is not intuitive, there is already an open issue and we'll change that.
http://issues.hibernatingrhinos.com/issue/RavenDB-9468

Thanks for the feedback,
Iftah Ben Zaken