Looking for RavenDb client version that's able to run on DNX

Gleb Chermennov

May 26, 2016, 5:27:18 AM5/26/16
Hello.
I have an existing project that uses RavenDb and I would like to build it on Linux with DNX.
What is the lowest RavenDb client version that supports DNX?
I'm asking about the lowest version because I still use RavenDb 2.5 on the server

Gleb Chermennov

May 26, 2016, 7:56:55 AM5/26/16
And if I do update to latest 2.5 client (let's say RavenDB Client 2.5.25001), do I also need to update the server to that version?

Stacey

May 26, 2016, 8:03:01 AM5/26/16
DNX Has been retired and should not be used if possible. It was discontinued a few months ago and there will be no more builds for it, future pushes of all the frameworks will not support it, the tooling will not use it, etc. You need to check out .NET Core; www.dot.net
I believe it's unlikely Raven will support DNX except for compatibility until later builds.

Stacey

May 26, 2016, 8:03:52 AM5/26/16
That said, the lowest version I've used was 3.0107 with DNX.

Grisha Kotler

May 26, 2016, 8:06:44 AM5/26/16
to rav...@googlegroups.com
3.0 version supports DNX. But you can't use a 3.0 client with 2.5 server.
The client version needs to be lower or equal than the server version,
unless it's in the same minor version (2.5.25001 client will work with a 2.5.9891 server)

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd  cid:image001.png@01CF95E2.8ED1B7D0

Grisha Kotler l RavenDB Core Team Developer Mobile: +972-54-586-8647

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

RavenDB paving the way to "Data Made Simplehttp://ravendb.net/

Gleb Chermennov

May 26, 2016, 8:11:47 AM5/26/16
to rav...@googlegroups.com
So I need to upgrade to 3.0 both client and server to be able to run client on Linux machine?

Yours faithfully,
Gleb

Gleb Chermennov

May 26, 2016, 8:14:12 AM5/26/16
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I know that DNX has been discontinued - my bad, I meant .NET Core. I still mix those names up
--
Yours faithfully,
Gleb

Kijana Woodard

May 26, 2016, 9:30:47 AM5/26/16
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Afaik, you can run on Linux officially yet. Coreclr RC2 was just released and there's no production release using it.