RavebDB spatial index performance

suvendu samal

Oct 22, 2014, 9:36:48 PM10/22/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I just started playing with RavenDB Spatial.

I created a document store with 119 million docs ( some point data across USA)
This doc contain a point geography in WKT format named POINT_LOC.

I have an spatial index build on that geography field with QuadPrefixTree strategy.
Max tree level default 23.

Here is my query...
 Addr_Result addr_res = session.Advanced.LuceneQuery<Addr_Result>("pt_addr_spatial")
                                   .WithinRadiusOf(fieldName: "POINT_LOC", radius: 0.1, latitude: pt.latitude, longitude: pt.longitude)
                                   .FirstOrDefault();

The query always time out if I run the sample program from the same server with localhost:8080 connection.

Even if I try to run the query from the studio it never comes back.

Any help ?

Thanks,
Suvendu.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Oct 23, 2014, 6:42:03 AM10/23/14
to ravendb
That most certainly shouldn't be happening.
Can you send us a way to reproduce this?

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

suvendu samal

Oct 24, 2014, 9:20:33 PM10/24/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com

Hi Oren,

Thanks for the response.
I am not sure how I can provide you the data to reproduce the problem.

The data file is 103 GB and the index is 23 GB.

Is there any other way, like when I query the index, is there some kind of log or other thing generated by RavenDB which might help you ?

I have never waited for more than 4 minutes for the query to return on studio while from the code it times out in less than 2 minutes.

Thanks,
Suvendu.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Oct 26, 2014, 3:10:26 AM10/26/14
to ravendb
Can you show the request in fiddler? That might show what is going on.
Most indexes tend to be smaller, it might be that it has a O(N) operation there.
Do you have a LOT of items in those coordinates?

Can you try running the server under a profiler?