RavenDB 3.0, Stale indexes upon start of RavenDB 3457.

Derek den Haas

Sep 1, 2014, 1:33:17 AM9/1/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Upon boot of RavenDB, after a normal shutdown, and all indexes weren't stale, this shows in the RavenDB log:

Could not open index SupplierAll. Recovery operation failed, forcibly resetting
index Index directory 'C:\Users\Derek\Desktop\RavenDB\Server\Database\Databases/
EasyFlor-Dev\Indexes\135' does not exists for 'SupplierAll' index.
Could not open index SupplierCategoryAll. Recovery operation failed, forcibly re
setting index Index directory 'C:\Users\Derek\Desktop\RavenDB\Server\Database\Da
tabases/EasyFlor-Dev\Indexes\121' does not exists for 'SupplierCategoryAll' inde
x.
Could not open index SupplierContactAddressAll. Recovery operation failed, forci
bly resetting index Index directory 'C:\Users\Derek\Desktop\RavenDB\Server\Datab
ase\Databases/EasyFlor-Dev\Indexes\136' does not exists for 'SupplierContactAddr
essAll' index.

Not all indexes are stale at the moment, but it's now deleting other indexes:

IndexDeleteOperation

4 minutes ago (09/01/14, 7:21am)

Running

CompanyAll

I don't see any error's though, and the indexing is pretty fast, only 5 minutes of "stale" indexes for 194.000 documents.

Running pretty good afterwards (zero other error's), congrats with that! It also feels pretty robust!

P.s. the indexes will get removed after every "reboot" (as in q in console, then start ravendb by clicking Raven.Server.exe), so not only the first "reboot". If you want I can share the Database.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Sep 1, 2014, 1:51:33 AM9/1/14
to ravendb
Yes, we had an issue with order of disposal that meant that were forgot that we were indexing the last batch of items.
Fixed now.

Oren Eini

CEO

Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office:  + 972-4-622-7811

Fax:      + 972-153-4622-7811

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Sep 1, 2014, 1:51:48 AM9/1/14
to ravendb
Please test the next build as well

Derek den Haas

Sep 1, 2014, 2:10:32 AM9/1/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Could not open index BindFeatureAll. Recovery operation failed, forcibly resetti
ng index Index directory 'C:\Users\Derek\Desktop\RavenDB\Server\Database\Databas
es/EasyFlor\Indexes\16' does not exists for 'BindFeatureAll' index.
Could not open index EntityAttachmentMappingAll. Recovery operation failed, forc
ibly resetting index Index directory 'C:\Users\Derek\Desktop\RavenDB\Server\Data
base\Databases/EasyFlor\Indexes\15' does not exists for 'EntityAttachmentMapping
All' index.

Will appear every time I start RavenDB, this is from my smaller database with only 5 indexes (2 fail all the time). The only thing I didn't see was the message "Database upgrading" upon entering that database, only on the larger database (which has the same indexes (and 100 more) but is fully working).

The indexes are pretty simple:

EntityAttachmentMappingAll:
from result in docs.EntityAttachmentMappings
select new {
Id = result.__document_id,
URL = result.URL
}

Derek den Haas

Sep 1, 2014, 2:21:10 AM9/1/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
P.s. Main.js bug:
                for (var i = 0; i < rowProperties.length; i++) {
                    var prop = rowProperties[i];
                    var cellValue = rowData[prop];

                    // pass json object when not custom template!
                    if (typeof cellValue === "object" && this.getCellTemplateName(prop, rowData) !== cell.customTemplate) {
                        cellValue = JSON.stringify(cellValue, null, 4) || "";
                    }

                    if (cellValue.length > 250) {
                        cellValue = cellValue.substring(0, 250);
                    }
                    this.addOrUpdateCellMap(prop, cellValue);
                }

rowData contains: { Color: null }
cellValue is now NULL and when entering if (cellValue.length > ... it will fail, because you can't access a NULL value.

Derek den Haas

Sep 1, 2014, 2:21:39 AM9/1/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
P.s. 2: function: row.prototype.fillCells = function (rowData) {

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Sep 1, 2014, 2:22:25 AM9/1/14
to ravendb
Huh? I don't follow.

Derek den Haas

Sep 1, 2014, 2:45:58 AM9/1/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
I'm sorry Oren,

I've updated to the newer version, and on 1 database the index upon restart will still be reset (2 indexes out of 5).
On another database (same server, same index + 100 indexes extra) the indexes DO work and won't be reset.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Sep 1, 2014, 2:47:35 AM9/1/14
to ravendb
No, we haven't pushed the update yet.

Derek den Haas

Sep 1, 2014, 6:20:47 AM9/1/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
I thought it was this commit: (which was already fixed)
When last collection etags component is initialized we should relay on existing index definitions instead of index stats to prevent from the case that index definition was deleted. - arek

I will test the 3461 version

Derek den Haas

Sep 1, 2014, 7:04:57 AM9/1/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Still resetting 2 indexes.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Sep 1, 2014, 7:05:47 AM9/1/14
to ravendb
On 3461 ?
Can you go on Skype?

Derek den Haas

Sep 1, 2014, 7:11:32 AM9/1/14
to rav...@googlegroups.com
Yes I can, added you (nickname Oren Eini)