See which settings are used?

christian....@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2018, 4:08:52 AM6/21/18
is there an easy way to see which settings are finally used by RavenDB?
I am setting up settings via Docker RAVEN_ env variables and settings.json and sometimes I am not sure if I made an mistake, so seeing the reuslt would be very helpful.

Arkadiusz Palinski

Jun 21, 2018, 9:13:49 AM6/21/18
to rav...@googlegroups.com
I don't think we have it exposed as a debug endpoint. Although you might verify that using Admin JS Console when you have the access to DocumentDatabase instance under 'database' variable:

You can check the configuration values using JS scripts like:

- return database.Configuration;

- return database.Configuration.Core;

- return database.Configuration.Core.DataDirectory;

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Jun 21, 2018, 1:27:11 PM6/21/18
to ravendb
Here is what this looks like:

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

christian....@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2018, 12:53:48 AM6/22/18
Thank you both very much, that helped greatly.

I am currently trying to set the license of a RavenDb instance running in docker. For a first test run I wanted to use the environment Variable Raven_License = '....'. This is picked up by RavenDb, as I can see now, but the License Information still says no license. I guess the license-string is mangled on the way from the docker-compose to RavenDb, but I am at a loss how to rectify that.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

christian....@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2018, 3:37:18 AM6/25/18
I think I am missing something, but I am unable to get my license to be used:

Docker Compose File:
ravendb:
image: ravendb/ravendb:ubuntu-latest
environment:
RAVEN_ARGS: "--log-to-console"
RAVEN_Setup_Mode: "None"
RAVEN_License_Eula_Accepted: "True"
RAVEN_ServerUrl: "http://0.0.0.0:8080"
RAVEN_Security_UnsecuredAccessAllowed: "PublicNetwork"
RAVEN_DataDir: "RavenData"
volumes:
- c:/ravendb/license.json:/opt/RavenDB/Server/license.json
ports:
- 8080:8080
- 38888:38888
restart:
always

The file is mounted successfully:

root@0dc20f18fc4f:/opt/RavenDB/Server# cat license.json
{
    "Id": "d....."
}

But Raven on localhost still says "No license". If I paste the Key manually, it picks up the key just fine, but since this is an automatic installation, I do not want to have to click anything.

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Jun 25, 2018, 4:08:13 AM6/25/18
to ravendb
Can you try exposing a directory, and not a file directly, and see if that works?

christian....@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2018, 5:03:21 AM6/25/18
Seems to have no effect:
ravendb:
image: ravendb/ravendb:ubuntu-latest
environment:
RAVEN_ARGS: "--log-to-console"
RAVEN_Setup_Mode: "None"
RAVEN_License_Eula_Accepted: "True"
RAVEN_ServerUrl: "http://0.0.0.0:8080"
RAVEN_Security_UnsecuredAccessAllowed: "PublicNetwork"
RAVEN_DataDir: "RavenData"
RAVEN_License_Path: "/opt/settings/license.json"
volumes:
- c:/ravendb/:/opt/settings
ports:
- 8080:8080
- 38888:38888
restart:
always

Oren Eini (Ayende Rahien)

Jun 25, 2018, 5:04:44 AM6/25/18
to ravendb
Oh, did you create a database? That is what triggers it
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ravendb+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

christian....@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2018, 5:16:18 AM6/25/18

Am Montag, 25. Juni 2018 11:04:44 UTC+2 schrieb Oren Eini:
Oh, did you create a database? That is what triggers it

Hibernating Rhinos Ltd

Oren Eini l CEO Mobile: + 972-52-548-6969

Office: +972-4-622-7811 l Fax: +972-153-4-622-7811

No, this sample does not create a database at all, in fact it's just an totally empty RavenDb.

christian....@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2018, 5:19:46 AM6/25/18
Ahhh, sucess!
When I create a new database, the license gets picked up.
Before, it just says "no license".
Seems to be related to the issue mentioned above - the call to find licenses has probably to be done at startup, too.

christian....@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2018, 5:23:18 AM6/25/18
Addendum, even the plain RAVEN_License= 'KEY' works when I create a database.

Note: When trying this, it is very important to start with a fresh RavenDb container
docker-compose up --force-recreate did not erase all information, I needed to do a docker container prune -f, too.