nnet

Carlos Crosetti

Jun 25, 2017, 9:08:03 AM6/25/17
to rattle...@googlegroups.com
Ho, I am playing with Rattle with a dataset of 8 input variables and one response variable. All input variables are numeric.

In the model tab, I see a control where I dan set the nodes of a hiden layer, when the evaluation report is shown I see this label:

A 8-5-1 network with 59 weights.

How this is niterpreted?

I assume 8 is the number of neurons in he input lyer, 1 is the output layer single neuron.

Is 5 the number of nodes in a single hidden layer  or 5 is the number of hidden layers?

What is exactly the meaning of

eights for node h4:
 b->h4 i1->h4 i2->h4 i3->h4 i4->h4 i5->h4 i6->h4 i7->h4 i8->h4
  0.49   0.56   0.44   0.41   0.51   0.38   0.22   0.47  -0.41

Is there a R command that could draw the topology of the current network in use?

Thanks, Carlos

Graham Williams

Jun 27, 2017, 6:52:29 AM6/27/17
to rattle-users
The Rattle window includes a legend to explain the symbols.

There may be a package to display the topology - if you find one let me know and I will add it to Rattle!

Thanks.

Regards,
Graham

Carlos Crosetti

Jun 27, 2017, 8:46:07 AM6/27/17
to rattle...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Graham.

I think the neural net plot will be very useful and will set the neural net at the same graphic display level other models exhibit.