Unable to install Rattle on RStudio

Rex Smith

Jan 18, 2018, 7:31:34 PM1/18/18
to rattle-users
I am  trying to install Rattle on RStudio, and I get the same error messages.
Installation attempts:
1)install.packages("rattle", repos="https://rattle.togaware.com", type="source")
2)install.packages("https://togaware.com/access/rattle_5.1.3.tar.gz", repos=NULL)
3)install.packages("rattle", repos="http://rattle.togaware.com")

I get the following identical error messages:
Installing package into ‘/PHShome/rs86/R/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu-library/3.4’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
Warning in install.packages :
  dependency ‘cairoDevice’ is not available
trying URL 'http://rattle.togaware.com/src/contrib/rattle_5.1.3.tar.gz'
Content type 'application/x-tar' length 1006077 bytes (982 KB)
downloaded 982 KB

ERROR: dependency ‘cairoDevice’ is not available for package ‘rattle’
* removing ‘/PHShome/rs86/R/x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu-library/3.4/rattle’
Warning in install.packages :
  installation of package ‘rattle’ had non-zero exit status

The downloaded source packages are in
	‘/tmp/RtmpPglXFJ/downloaded_packages’
R>library(rattle)
Error in library(rattle) : there is no package called ‘rattle’

I tried to install cairoDevice separately but failed.

Any suggestions,

Thanks so much,

Neal

Graham Williams

Jan 18, 2018, 8:02:24 PM1/18/18
to rattle-users
Hi Neal,

The issue as you hint is that you can't install the cairoDevice package. That is a Rattle dependency. So that needs to be solved. What happens when you try

 install.packages("carioDevice")

(p.s., feel free to post this on Stack Overflow - it may get some R on Windows or RStudio expert attention.)

Regards,
Graham