Ratchet: hello world example via websockets

phys...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2015, 10:02:05 AM9/18/15
to Ratchet
Hi,
 I've successfully ran the hello world example with 2 telnet instances.

To run the example with websockets,
1) does the issues with guzzle affect the working of this example?

2) in the instruction: "Run the shell script again, open a couple web browser windows, and open a javascript ..."
  To which site should I go if my browser is firefox (on Linux)?
  ws://localhost:8080 or wss://localhost:8080 ?
  ws://localhost ?
  localhost ?
  localhost:8080 ?

3) do I need Apache server running or does it interfere with websockets?

Thanks!

pt0g...@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2015, 9:17:11 AM10/13/15
to Ratchet
Just make sure you follow the description and if you update a category make sure the name is the same as in the example.

wss stands for secure

if you are running on localhost refer to localhost. 8080 is just a port, that should be opened, for ratchet to connect with.