Ratchet Push Integration Tutorial (Windows/XAMPP)

youma...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2015, 8:45:56 AM3/6/15
to ratch...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get the Ratchet Push Integration Tutorial working and have run into a few issues. I am using Windows 7 and XAMPP.

1) When I run the following in cmd.exe (command line) to start the executable (push-server.php) nothing seems to happen:

C:\xampp\htdocs>php bin/push-server.php

There is a flashing prompt below the line but nothing else happens. I have to hit Ctrl + C to get out of it.

2) When I first loaded the page with the client side script in my web browser I got the following errors (in the JavaScript console):

  • Mixed Content: The page at 'https://localhost/' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure script 'http://autobahn.s3.amazonaws.com/js/autobahn.min.js'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.
  • Uncaught ReferenceError: ab is not defined
  • [blocked] The page at 'https://localhost/' was loaded over HTTPS, but ran insecure content from 'ws://localhost:8080/': this content should also be loaded over HTTPS.
  • Uncaught SecurityError: Failed to construct 'WebSocket': An insecure WebSocket connection may not be initiated from a page loaded over HTTPS.

Since my website runs over HTTPS I made the following changes:

However, after these changes I still get the following error and warning:
  • WebSocket connection to 'wss://localhost:8080/' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
  • WebSocket connection closed

As I was setting up the push integration tutorial I documented everything I did step by step. I have attached that document. I'm hoping someone will be able to help me figure out where I went wrong so that I can get the push integration tutorial working. Please feel free to make changes to the document I attached. I think it would be great to have a comprehensive step by step document to help people setup this tutorial in Windows & XAMPP.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I greatly appreciate all of your help!

Push Integration Setup.docx

cboden

Mar 20, 2015, 11:39:25 AM3/20/15
to ratch...@googlegroups.com, youma...@gmail.com