Ratchet WAMP version 2 update

galthron

Mar 2, 2014, 7:26:51 PM3/2/14
to ratch...@googlegroups.com
Hi. I`m trying to use newest AutobahnJS with Ratchet. But it`s not working and it seems that Ratchet is not compatible with WAMP v2. Do anyone know anything about it ?

cboden

Mar 2, 2014, 8:08:27 PM3/2/14
to ratch...@googlegroups.com
WAMPv2 is still in RC (not finalized yet). Work hasn't begun to support v2 in Ratchet yet.

Sergio Rinaudo

May 9, 2014, 7:55:45 PM5/9/14
to ratch...@googlegroups.com
Same problem here...

I'm trying to make a Phonegap application that uses AutobahnJS for client and Ratchet for server but it is a doom :)

If I use the old version of AutobahnJS there is no way to make websockets works with Android 4.0.4 (tested on both real device and emulator).
It works on android 4.4.2 (tested on emulator only) but only if websocket plugin is installed and this is strange since Cromium should have native support for Websockets.

Now I've updated the AutobahnJS to latest (and changed the code for connection etc...) and nothing works because I ended up here and discovered that the websocket server
I setup is not compatible :D

So correct me if I mistake, to make some tests with Phonegap+Autobahn+Ratchet at the moment the only way is to use an older version of Autobahn that is compatible with a Ratchet websocket server and be advised that the Phonegap app will work only for Android >= 4.4.2?

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not complaining here, I admire the work of everyone, I just want to make it clear!

Cheers

cboden

May 10, 2014, 10:15:47 AM5/10/14
to ratch...@googlegroups.com
The AutobahnJS library is backwards compatible with v1 so it will work (in v1 mode and the v1 API) with Ratchet. v2 support will happen, I just can't say when as Ratchet is maintained on my own free time.

Sergio Rinaudo

May 10, 2014, 8:57:23 PM5/10/14
to ratch...@googlegroups.com
I'm doing some debug and I noticed that the latest version of autobahnJS
expects a message code in response of a connection, if it is 0 an error is thrown and mine actually is zero (first element of the array):

RESPONSE: [0,"536ec445a6a37",1,"Ratchet\/0.3"]

https://autobahn.s3.amazonaws.com/autobahnjs/latest/autobahn.js line 1290.

I searched Ratchet docs but I didn't find any references.
Is there a place where to edit such response with the current version of Ratchet? And does it make any sense or it is better to use AutobahnJS 0.8.2? (http://autobahn.ws/js/reference_wampv1.html)

Thanks

cboden

May 18, 2014, 9:45:28 AM5/18/14
to ratch...@googlegroups.com
Line 1290 is probably for handling WAMPv2 of the protocol. In v1 "0" specifies the welcome message