Layout and design

Ken

Dec 30, 2015, 1:41:24 PM12/30/15
to Ratchet
Good Morning,

Brand new to Websockets and Ratchet.  I am pretty good with php, javascript, jquery.  I am using the Netbeans IDE.

I want to add a Websocket Server to my existing LAMP project So every time this one PHP script updates the database, the update will be pushed to the attached clients.

What I want to know is the websocket server supposed to sit in the same project directory as my current application or is it a project all to itself?  In other words are websocket servers functionally generic or specifically customized for each different type and kind of push that I want to use?  Another way to look at it is if I have 3 websites that all use websockets will I need 3 websocket servers to service the sites?

Also what is the exact syntax for creating the websocket server daemon   I want to push the updated information to the clients.

Thanks again for all the help in advance.

Ken