Advice request before starting a Ratchet/React project

thomas...@hakisa.com

Mar 2, 2015, 11:16:41 AM3/2/15
to ratch...@googlegroups.com
Hello

I am starting a project for real time web application and have made a few test using ratchet/react with the zmq intergration.

As my use case is going beyond the simple chat application, i will have to perform databases calls, rest api calls, ... in response to certain messages coming through the websocket.
From my understanding so far, i can't do that in the main event loop (= in MyPusher in the exemples). For these operation i have to create workers and pass the messages to them as soon and as quickly as possible. I was thinking about using the zmq binding to publish the messages to the workers, and another zmq socket for the workers to publish their availablity to the main websocket/ratchet loop

For running these processes i think will use supervisor at first

I have seen the child process repository but i'm not very familiar with the concept ... Does it accomplish the same thing (= do you handle the worker layer with child processes) ?

About performance, how can i test such a system ? i have done some kind of load testing with jmeter ... can some similar tools be used ?

How do you work with react ? Has anyone some good practice to share or some pitfall to avoid ?

Thanks you all
Tom